Hello. It's me again. Time is a flat circle. Loosing weight after surgery.

Options
Long story short I started login in MFP a couple years ago my exercise and meals and slowly but steady I managed to loose a good amount of weight and got me into regular physical activity.

Sadly about a year ago I had to go to emergency after one of my regular workouts, it turns out I needed an emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder, so after abdominal surgery I went back home but no exercise allowed for months, after a prudent time I started very lightly, just walking on the park, I noticed tho a protuberance on my side, after a check up it turns out I needed another surgery and a surgical mesh.

6 months ago I had another surgery. Again no physical activity for months, all this got me to my present situation where I have gained all the weight that I have lost before and maybe even more, this plus the really big scar across my abdomen does not really help in the self steam department.

My mission, should I choose to accept it is to,at the very least, get to my pre surgery weight.
Core complicated due to the fact that I can't do everything I use to do because the fear of the last surgery.

So, that's about it.

I hope I can do it again and it would be cool to follow more people in similar situation.

Thank you.

Replies

• tahn1000
    tahn1000 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    not in the same situation, but i can give you a bit of encouraging from my own experience. i've been losing weight without exercise, aside from counting my steps at work (not much, but i'll take it lol) and using that to add back to my remaining total for the day, and i'm steadily losing weight.

so you shouldn't worry about whether or not you will lose weight by calorie counting alone without exercise. of course you will. as for your scar and it hurting your confidence, i'm sure it will be less obvious to you as time goes by. i have a puckered scar on my abdomen from surgery. i remember it did look quite aggressive for a long time, but i generally don't heal well. this was years back though. and i have noticed too that as i'm losing the weight (and cms) it's not as noticeable now.