work out video??

Options
Whats a good work out video for a beginner??

Replies

• A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, my first workout dvd was 30-day shred. It was brutal, but she got the job done. Jillian doesn't play. I also like Turbojam by Chalene Johnson.
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I agree with BCAcheerleading. 30-Day Shred will get you going good!!!
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have 10 Minute Solutions: Kickboxing. I really like the 10 Minute Solutions because there's five ten minute work outs on it, so you can split it up through the day. Now, I would definitely recommend sitting down and watching each of the work outs before you try them. Since they're only 10 minutes long, she kinda explains the moves once while doing them, and then goes. It's a lot easier if you watch it first.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Whats a good work out video for a beginner??

Zumba. If you buy the whole set it comes with workouts for beginners up to expert. There are 7 DVDs in the set.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    For the absolute beginner I recommend looking into free or cheap starters. This will help you narrow your focus a bit.
    Also, if you get ones that are too easy - you will be bored / too hard you may get injured.

Library
    Thrift stores
    Netflix (rent or instant)
    ExerciseTV (cable OnDemand also has this)
    Hulu.com

Look at collagvideo.com - you can search workout type & then sort by fitness level. Then you can watch video clips.

Beginner cardio: Leslie Sansone Walk at Home. These are chaptered so you can do 1, 2, 3 etc. miles. (Walk Away the Pounds are older videos - not chaptered - but still good). You can adapt to be beginner or intermediate. If you like choreography Cardio for Beginners is fun. Also Step By Step Strength Training is good.