Blown away dont be skeptical

Options
I have tried every fad diet out there for a quick fix nothing worked and I always relaspsed and gained double back I'm still blown away by the fact I can eat what ever I want and still lose as long as I stay at my deficit!!!I am eating heathier of course but last night was our 4h Family night pizza I ate pizza!! Weighed in and I'm down another half pound I'm in shock after years of thinking diets were being always hungry or eating only whatever this works!?!? I started Sept 15 and as of today have lost 16 pounds, wish I knew about real weight loss years ago I'm still shaking the brain wash

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good for you! Congratulations on dropping the woo and of course, your weight loss!!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I know, right? Wish I had known that before... Always thought I had to stop eating what I love to lose.
  • morihay
    morihay Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! It's weird eating bread, potatos and bananas lol those evil foods
  • Cheryllynnhagen
    Cheryllynnhagen Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Exactly, it was like driving a car without a dashboard. I had no idea what or how much I was eating. When I started MFP over a year ago, I changed a lot of things immediately. Besides serving sizes and choices, I found I was waaaaay over on my salt in intake. My cholesterol was getting high and I cut out a lot of eggs and my chol. dropped dramatically. Now I don't have to go on medication for it. Keep up the good work and you will find this is something you can live with.
  • Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Oh man I remember the feeling when I first started how unreal it felt.

I think it's because we so often mix health with weightloss when they are two different things. You are doing awesome keep up the good work!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Not skeptical at all because the same happened for me, too. I lost 50 total and am 15 lbs away from goal. You got this!
  • Dariasen
    Dariasen Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how simple it really is after years of being bombarded with "quick fixes" and "rules" for years.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Congrats on having that lightbulb turn on!

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Congrats ! Cico works :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Welcome to CICO land!