Spaghetti Squash recipes?

LadyKP
LadyKP Posts: 31
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
Looking for low cal recipes for spaghetti squash. I'm searching the internet myself, but if you have a tried and true recipe that you'd like to share, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Edit: Oh, I'm a vegetarian ><

Replies

• quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Mix your favorite spaghetti sauce with various fresh veggies. My favorites are mushrooms, onions, garlic, zucchini, and various peppers. Just heat it all through in a sauce pan and pour over the cooked, "spaghettied" spaghetti squash. VERY yummy. You can throw an Italian cheese on top, too.
  • maggie4097
    maggie4097 Posts: 156
    bump
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    i made shrimp scampi to serve with my spaghetti squash - http://recipes.menshealth.com/Recipe/two-minute-shrimp-scampi.aspx
  • LadyKP
    That sounds good, but I should of put I'm vegetarian *facepalm*
  • phillipaf
    phillipaf Posts: 1
    I use this recipe. Most times I add an extra clove of garlic when I'm feeling extra garlicky!!! Enjoy

2 spaghetti squash (2 pounds each)
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
    Coarse salt and ground pepper
    Parsley, chopped

Preheat oven to 400° . With a fork, prick squash in several places. Place on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until soft to the touch, about 1 hour.
    When cool enough to handle, halve squash crosswise. Scoop out seeds; discard. Scrape flesh into strands.
    In a large skillet, heat oil over low heat. Add garlic; cook until fragrant and just starting to color, about 5 minutes. Add squash; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until squash is very hot, about 5 minutes. Add chopped parsley and toss before serving.
  • OrganicGal
    OrganicGal Posts: 15
    I too bake my squash, scrape it out with a fork, and serve like spaghetti. My favorite way to eat it though is tossed with a little Earth Balance "butter" and some veggie parmesan cheese. So good!! Quick, easy, low cal, and very satisfying! Go veg!
  • indigoeyes
    indigoeyes Posts: 18 Member
    bump for later
  • LadyKP
    I use this recipe. Most times I add an extra clove of garlic when I'm feeling extra garlicky!!! Enjoy

2 spaghetti squash (2 pounds each)
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
    Coarse salt and ground pepper
    Parsley, chopped

Preheat oven to 400° . With a fork, prick squash in several places. Place on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until soft to the touch, about 1 hour.
    When cool enough to handle, halve squash crosswise. Scoop out seeds; discard. Scrape flesh into strands.
    In a large skillet, heat oil over low heat. Add garlic; cook until fragrant and just starting to color, about 5 minutes. Add squash; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until squash is very hot, about 5 minutes. Add chopped parsley and toss before serving.

This sounds pretty good :)
  • LadyKP
    I ended up cooking the squash, then sauteing it with garlic, cracked pepper, then topping it with salsa! Noms!
  • Cromeo8
    Cromeo8 Posts: 3
    sautee onions with peas (or edemame) and cashews in oil. Add: chilli powder, tumeric, salt, hot pepper, cloves and a cinnamon stick. Add the squash. I usually add rice and shrimp but it goes well with cut up chicken. Paneer, and indian cheese, adds a nice kick. Tomatoes optional.
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    I cook mine, add green pepper, onion, garlic, rotel, tomatoes (or tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce), zucchini, squash, etc etc, and add cheese on top!
  • LadyKP
    sautee onions with peas (or edemame) and cashews in oil. Add: chilli powder, tumeric, salt, hot pepper, cloves and a cinnamon stick. Add the squash. I usually add rice and shrimp but it goes well with cut up chicken. Paneer, and indian cheese, adds a nice kick. Tomatoes optional.
    That is amazing! I'll save it for the leftovers :D
  • lindsay6694
    lindsay6694 Posts: 182

yum this sounds so good!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    I use it in any recipe that call for pasta.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    double post
  • LadyKP
    This morning I made a scramble with onion, egg whites, ground pepper, and chili sauce :D
This discussion has been closed.