Any tall ladies out there 5'10 and up?!?!

Options

Replies

• KymmyJoy
    KymmyJoy Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Oh hiiii. 5' 11' and struggle sometimes to see how I'll ever get into the clothes I want. In a fairly good place now compared to my SW but still struggle to overcome just bring a generally big person. Love being tall but very envious of a petite body frame :(
  • SunflowerCutie
    SunflowerCutie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm under 5'10 but I'm 5'8/5'9 and I currently weigh about 204 pounds. I would like a medium but sometimes large it depends on the clothing. That I have skinny wrists and ankles. I was 191 pounds like 2 years ago and I was so close to being 189 pounds but when one of my close friends passed away last year I got so depressed that I gain the weight back and I went back to 217 pounds. I'm still working on it but I'm not giving up even though when people try to sabotage me or try to tell me I don't need to lose no more weight but I don't care what they say. I wanted to try to get down to at least 170 or 160 depends where I look good at, but the most important thing is I want to be healthy.
    Fill free to add me if you want to.
  • drea218
    drea218 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and around 220 at the moment (UK size 14) looking to get down to 150. My lowest ever weight was 160 about 6 years ago (I'm 25yo now) and I was quite visibly slim at that weight - I've got quite an athletic build, broad shoulders etc so I don't think I could ever weight anything under 150! I'll see how I feel once I get to 160. Please feel free to add me looking for some tall gals to follow! Andrea
  • mdakin65
    mdakin65 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am 50 yrs old and 5 11 and my current weight is 191.i ve been stalled for months , menopause i think is not helping me....at all! and hoping to get down to 170 to 175. I was very comfortable at that weight, and didnt have a muffin top. I sit in an office job all day but started using a jawbone jan 1, and find its been a help to get moving so if anyone would like to add me for step challenges and motivation , you can search me, my name is Michele Dakin.
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10". At my very biggest was 300 pounds, but wasn't 300 for very long. I'm down to 236 pounds and still going.
  • tallgirl1960
    tallgirl1960 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft tall and currently 188lbs, my SW. My goal is 160lbs. I got down to 169 a couple of years ago but have gradually put it all back on. I dog walk loads, this week I've done 44 miles but although walking keeps me fit I don't lose weight even though I'm pretty good with my eating. I know from before that I have to be pretty strict with my diet, very low carbs usually works for me and I need to add in other exercise...cardio and weights. I start in earnest tomorrow, I'm doing a 67 mile charity walk in 24 hours at the end of April and want to shift this weight by then!
  • YaGirlMaddi
    YaGirlMaddi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5 SW 165 CW 155 GW ?? Maybe 145, not sure yet. I'm currently at size 8 and measurements are 37 bust 25 waist and 40.5 hips. I also try and do low carb high protein and I'm doing p90x3 for my workouts (for years I just ran and lifted weights)
  • Moses1818
    Moses1818 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great to see a tall gal thread! I'm 6'0", 53 years old. I started myfitnesspal in november at 208#'s. Now I'm at 179, on the way to 165. My weight loss success is credited to clean eating (no processed food except yogurt, kefir and oatmeal), strength training/cardio five times a week. There isn't much support for me at home so this is wonderful to see. Thanks!
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    5'10, 62 yo. Started my journey at 208, CW 186 and GW between 168-172. Will find out when I get there! Loving MFP., great app and have gained some motivating pals.
  • phlebokat
    phlebokat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 25yo I am currently 275 lbs id like to be 170 im getting married next year and im making my own dress but I cant start until I reach my goal
  • b_magill
    b_magill Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Tall gal, right here! Just slightly under 5'11" and it is an interesting journey. I'm still not sure the BMW charts are terribly accurate for ladies of this height (I played 4 sports a year in high school and was never a "correct" BMI). What do you all think?

I'm currently at my highest weight ever at 252lbs, and would love to get back to 175. I just got a Jawbone Move Up and have been getting the hang of it for a few weeks. If anybody wants to friend me, feel free. I'm always up for new pals and accountability. :)
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Just curious: were you not "normal" BMI over, or not "normal" BMI under? I am 5'11" and now weigh 72kg/159lb which is pretty much in the middle of "normal" BMI (having argued for years that BMI expected me to get too light). When I started with MFP I just wanted to get below 81kg/179lb which is wht puts me into "normal" BMI, but when i got there I though I would try to get down to 75kg, and once I got there, I thought 72kg would feel about right. (Which it does: I would like to hit 70kg just to show I can, but I know from the past that anything much below 70kg is still technically "normal" BMI but doesn't feel healthy for me.)
  • bear17
    bear17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'11. trying to eat cleans but it's harder as a veggie I think! Always nice to meet other tall women!x
  • SwimmyD
    SwimmyD Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bear17 wrote: »
    Hello! I'm 5'11. trying to eat cleans but it's harder as a veggie I think! Always nice to meet other tall women!x

Hi! I'm curious why you feel it's harder to "eat clean" as a veggie? What do you define as clean? I'm a tall veggie too...
  • o0hwhatsername
    o0hwhatsername Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 34, 5'11" and currently at 266.9, started this journey 2 weeks ago at 272.6. Been overweight for as long as I can remember. This is my first week on mfp and could use some support!
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and have lost 62 pounds. I started at 302. The bandages are from gallbladder surgery.

2z6vw9d.jpg
  • kitaemma
    kitaemma Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1", around 205 now, in a size 8 and don't have a specific goal in mind. At one point I was 185 and a size 4 but now with lifting weights I don't think that's realistic. I'll probably end up somewhere around 195 and be happy to maintain there. Although as some of the ladies pointed out earlier at my height and weight I'm technically overweight, and still will be even at my goal.
  • bear17
    bear17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    SwimmyD wrote: »

Hi! I'm curious why you feel it's harder to "eat clean" as a veggie? What do you define as clean? I'm a tall veggie too...

Hello to another tall veggie ! I just find it more difficult now. I suppose I'm defining clean as unprocessed and lean. I used to have grilled lean meat and veg for dinner and I've found it really hard to replace the lean protein source, and find that I'm eating more carbs as a veggie. I can't get as lean anymore which doesn't bother me massively but I would be interested to know your thoughts!x
  • SwimmyD
    SwimmyD Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    SwimmyD wrote: »

Hello to another tall veggie ! I just find it more difficult now. I suppose I'm defining clean as unprocessed and lean. I used to have grilled lean meat and veg for dinner and I've found it really hard to replace the lean protein source, and find that I'm eating more carbs as a veggie. I can't get as lean anymore which doesn't bother me massively but I would be interested to know your thoughts!x

I'll send you a FR request! You can look at my diary and we can exchange notes!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and weighed 250 a year ago. Lost 75lbs since then and have about another 10 to go. :)