Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.. Questions!!

Options
Helice
Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
So im currently doing P90x lean, but im going on holiday in about a fortnight and though i could do this alongside P90x to hopefully get some sped up results for holiday..

Anyway i know its suppose to be in 3 parts but this is where im getting very confused!
Iv seen people say it has 3 parts, 3 levels, and some say it has 3 parts & 3 levels.
Which one is it?!
Secondly it is only 1 dvd, so do i need to buy 2 more like schedule dvd's? Or is it all on that 1 dvd?
Thirdly do i do the whole dvd each day? or if it is like in parts do i the 1st half one day, the second half the other day??
And lastly, is it just an exercise video or does it comes with specific food requirements??

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    The disc does not come with a diet plan.
    You would need handweights and a mat.
    The disc contains three workouts - Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3. You only do one workout in a day.
    Each workout contains three circuits, and each circuit is composed of 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs. There is also a warm up and cool down included in each level of the workout.

You only need one disc. Put it in, Jillian explains the system. Do Level 1 the first day (or watch it, which would be just as good for information purposes), and it will make more sense. ^_^ Good luck!
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    3 Parts 3 Levels.

Level one is done for ten days
    Level two is done for ten days
    Level three is done for ten days.

It's just the video to my knowledge. It doesn't come with a diet plan. At Least mine didn't.
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    The 30 day shred is broken up into 3 levels (level 1,2, and3 ) In each level, there are the parts to do (strength, cardio, and abs) Your do the circuit which consists of 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. you do the circuit 3 times in the dvd. each circuit will have different moves or a combination of moves from the previous circuit. Hope this helps :)
  • Helice
    Options
    so the dvd had 3 parts..
    and for the first 10 days i do the 1st part,
    then the next 10 days i skip to the 2nd part.
    and for the last 10 days i forward to the 3rd part.

Got it!
    thanks for all the help ^-^
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm jumping in on the q & a here. I saw someone say you need handweights. What increments do you need? I have weighted gloves that came with my kick boxing vid, would those work?

What if I don't do the dvd every day? Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I do strength training and cardio at the gym, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays I'm looking for something else to do (and I'm okay with doing stuff at home so I don't have to go to the gym). Do you have to do it every day for 10 days straight, or will that mess things up?

How long is each work out? I saw someone say it comes out to about 5 mins of working out per circuit, and then warm up and cool down, but I did see someone else say that you do the circuit multiple times. This is really important to me because I can at max fit in half and hour at one time to work out at home. I can fit it up to sixty minutes a day, but no more than half an hour at once (even then usually by about 20 minutes I got a baby crying and a four year old poking at me).

Thanks a bunch to the OP for posing the original question (I've been terribly curious about this for like ever) and everyone who's contributed or is going to contribute!
  • Helice
    Options
    bump