Music to motivate!

Options
Don't you just LOVE songs that get you pumped? Songs that turn on that "GO GET IT" switch?? Make you walk/run a little faster, Lift a little more....
I'd love to hear what your top three motivational songs are (and if there's a "reason" behind any of them)...perhaps I'll expand my collection!
Ones that have been rocking my steps lately are:

Survivor~Destiny's child
Let's get it started
Gonna make you sweat~c&c Music factory

hehe...try not to laugh too hard, ok??

Replies

• SidneyShotgun
    Options
    Nu metal! Slipknot, Lamb of God, Hatebreed, Five Finger Death Punch! All that aggression gets me PUMPED!
  • storyt17
    storyt17 Posts: 13
    Options
    Ooooo Yeah anything loud and angry!!!
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Anything on 'David Guetta – The Best Of 2010'
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Not sure about how inspiring these songs are but they definitely get me in the zone: "Superstition" - Stevie Wonder, "Charity Case" - Gnarls Barkley, and "Electioneering" - Radiohead.
  • jpaw1002
    jpaw1002 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    omg yes! i love listening to music that just makes u pour out sweat more and just when you think you cant keep going here comes that favorite track!
    my current favorites are:
    -How Far We've Come by: Matchbox Twenty
    -Loose Yourself by: Eminem
    -Downfall of Us All by: A Day to Remember

I love all of these because of their beats and the first one just sounds inspirational to see how far you've pushed yourself.

Enjoy :)
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Mortal Kombat theme song from the first movie.- The Immortals
    Eye of the Tiger- Survivor
    Through Fire and Flames- Dragon Force
  • alphasigalum
    Options
    "Pump it" by Black Eyed Peas
    "getting over you" by David Guetta
    Sancturary by Gareth Emery
  • bwalters82
    bwalters82 Posts: 95
    Options
    "Best of You" by Foo Fighters... it works every time
  • skizzizme
    skizzizme Posts: 14
    Options
    Bump. I am in need of new songs. Great post!

7034275.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Lol, my mp3 player is full of counting crows, train, and a couple 3 doors down songs. I'll admit Train and the Counting Crows really isn't good for pumping you up, but it keeps me entertained. I think I might need to add some "get your butt in gear" tunes though.

I hear Daft Punk is pretty good get it going music.
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Black Label Society: Stillborn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yUZJZC2V40

White Zombie: More Human Than Human
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXpbrGBIGxw

White Zombie: Thunderkiss '65
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPNFVj-pISU&feature=related
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Here are mine - I can always count on these 3 songs to get me pumped-up and ready to go !!!

1) Enter Sandman - Metallica

2) Loose Yourself - Eminem

3) Thunderstruck - AC/DC
  • jessical30
    jessical30 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    OK so no laughing right??? I have no idea but Lil Jon gets me going ....specialy get low... LOL LOVE IT everytime it comes on it gets me going. I also like Rihanna rude boy, Bottoms up Trey songz. But I like any kind of music... I do like this post I need to get some more idea's.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    For those wanting some hip-hop/pop type music...This is what i have on my playlist now. These songs make me just want to run... march...dance..bounce around crazy :-p

(some of these have expletives... listen with caution if you're sensitive to that)

Beyonce - Run this world (girls) <--- that charged me up! i couldnt walk, i had to run

Ke$ha - Blow <<--- ok, this isnt hip hop by no means, but its hyyypes me up

DJ Khaled - All i do is win

Timbaland ft Justin Timberlake - Carry out

LMFAO - Party anthem

Tinie Tempah - Pass out

Pitbull ft Neyo - Give me everything

Nicki Minaj - superbass

Pink - Raise your glass

Chris Brown ft Busta Rhymes - Look at me now

Black Eyed Peas - This time (Dirty bit) , I gotta feeling, pump it, boom boom pow, pump it, lets get it started
  • DeBiKin
    DeBiKin Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Some of the music that makes me "have to move" often has little to do with the words like in Rhianna's "S & M", (I'm not into S & M but the beat just makes me have to move). Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" is slower but has a major beat to it too.
    The songs that do have to do with the words are the ones like "Sexy Chick" (there's another version/title that isn't rated g). I don't feel like a sexy chick yet but when songs like that come on it makes me look forward to being sexy again. :tongue:

5465113.png
  • mzbrandyluv
    mzbrandyluv Posts: 103
    Options
    Loving the different styles...KEEP THEM COMING!!

Oh, and umm...sorry my initial post sounded like one of those cheesy infomercials for the music sets. "Hi bob" "Hi Jane...remember when we were growing up and were driving to the soda shop?" "I sure do Bob" "Well wouldn't you like to have all of those songs that bring back those good old days ...in one convenient set?" " I sure would Bob" "Well now you can...." Etc.

Hehe...yeah, sorry bout that! But please don't let that sway you from posting your top PUMP ME UP songs!! :laugh:
  • ljw556
    ljw556 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    These are my current favourites:

Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
    Untouched - The Veronicas
    Gettin' Over - David Guetta
    One - Swedish House Mafia
    Quicksand - La Roux
    I Gotta Feelin' - Black Eyed Peas
    Bonkers - Dizee Rascal
    Omen - The Prodigy
    Take That - Wiley and Chew Fu
    Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas

The gym wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun without them!! :D:D
  • sunnbeam
    sunnbeam Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I know it's kind o cheesy, but I like anything by Beyonce, Britney Spears, Fergie, *****cat Dolls...basically any girl/girl group who have super hot bodies, cause it motivates me to push it a little harder in my own workouts! :tongue: