Options
chulipa
chulipa Posts: 650 Member
Looking for new ways to fix just 4 oz at a time its just for me

Replies

• Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    This is a recipe that calls for 4 chicken breasts but I always just save the leftovers and then use it again in a variety of ways. It's very versatile: on a tortilla, over nachos, in pasta, over salad, mixed with veggies and beans, etc.

http://www.mostlyhomemademom.com/2012/02/slow-cooker-salsa-chicken.html
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I can make a small fajita with that. Make some fajita seasoning with chiplote, cumin, black pepper and red pepper, sautee some green pepper and onion (in a small amount of oil and slice that chicken and put it in after the onion starts to turn transparent, this will be enough to reheat that chicken up and wholah..

I do this with left over chicken all the time and it is a family favorite...

Also, I can add the chicken to spaghetti sauce (not meat sauce) and add some Parmesan cheese, heat that in the oven until cheese melts and have what I call poor mans Parmesan chicken.

You can also, add the chicken to broccoli cheese and rice.. I get those broccoli steamers by Birdeye.. eat em and eat em things and rice and again, you have a meal... just stir in the chicken by shredding it or chopped in chunks...
  • rdroot
    rdroot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here's a very satisfying and healthy recipe. You can cut it in half... which means 8 ounces of chicken, but it reheats extremely well (retains its flavor and moistness) if you'd like to have the leftovers over the next couple days.

http://www.skinnykitchen.com/recipes/guilt-free-chicken-nuggets-oh-yeah/
  • steuartcj
    steuartcj Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Buy in bulk. Brine, marinate, grill or oven roast. Vacuum seal in 1 or 2 pieces, freeze. They taste great..
  • lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I buy a pack, half them and either grill with garlic seasoning or bake marinated in small amounts of fat free Italian. Both are good options and you can portion out in your desired weight. Or only cook half a pack at a time and freeze the rest for the future
  • bdeaton29
    bdeaton29 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Tonight, my husband rubbed a chicken breast with garlic and red crushed pepper and other spices and then baked it. At the end, he split the breast and poured queso in the middle (just a tablespoon) and topped it with a slice of swiss cheese. It was awesome.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a new chicken recipe that tastes great as leftovers. Now I eat lower carb, higher fat, so if your diet is different you might need to alter.

You brine the chicken breasts for 15 minutes-6 hours (your choice of how long, but 15 minutes is enough). You then pat them dry and lay them in a glass baking dish. If your chicken is thicker at one end than the other, I pound it down using a meat mallet in a plastic bag and then place in a baking dish. Melt a tbs of butter (I find that a single tbs is enough to lightly brush 3 breasts) and brush it on both sides of the chicken. In a separate bowl I mix .5 tsp paprika with .5 tsp garlic powder and a pinch of salt. I gently sprinkle this on the tops of the chicken breast and then put a bit of black pepper on top. You can put as much (or as little) seasoning as you'd like on each breast. You then put the chicken in the oven and bake at 450 degrees for about 20-25 minutes, until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.

My sons LOVE this chicken. It does great with a lot of sides and the leftovers are wonderful on salads. If you like chicken salad you could use it in that, or you could shred some and use it in tacos or for sandwiches.

Just an idea :)