Slow but steady... (NSV)

Options
moniraq
moniraq Posts: 63 Member
I have a difficult time with my willpower and Thursday morning, the morning after my weigh-in and after having lost 3 lbs., I had all but talked myself into stopping at McDonald's for one of my all-time favorite breakfasts, the bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit. I threw my Jimmy Dean Delight sandwich back into the freezer and started out the door when I stopped and realized I was only undermining myself for a very small, as well as calorie and fat-laden, choice. I walked back to the freezer, grabbed my breakfast sandwich and left the house.

This may not seem like much to most people, but for me, it's a big deal. Yay for me!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    Absolutely YAH for you! It's the little changes that add up over time. It's awesome to recognize and celebrate every little victory!
  • apere054
    apere054 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is a big deal! Learning how to say no to temptation has been something I've struggled with, but everytime I am able to do it I feel that much more confident in myself.
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yay for dedication! Honestly, the same exact thing happened to me today. Not going to lie - McDonald's breakfast is the best. But I stuck with my oatmeal and yogurt!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Keep going!! :flowerforyou:
  • getmehealthy
    Options
    a HUGE yay for you! now you have another reason to be proud of your efforts :flowerforyou:
  • HadraPriestess
    HadraPriestess Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I left the corner market this morning without my Snackwell Vanilla Creme Cookies...thought about them all the way there. (My old breakfast of coffee/cookies (Hey, their sugar-free...!~) Then on the way to work I realized my NSV...got my coffee, in my cup that I had primed w/ SF vanilla creamer at home and FORGOT all about them!!! WHAT! Me forget about the sweet rush!!! Progress is being made, folks!!!
  • moniraq
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the supportive responses!! I appreciate all of them and all of you for your encouragement!!
  • rbradshaw
    rbradshaw Posts: 8
    Options
    YAh for you for sure!!! Been in that spot often so I am proud you made the right choice!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate to this as this happened with me this morning! Only with an apple fritter :) WTG on making the right choice!
  • moniraq
    Options
    Thank you both for the kind and encouraging comments. It's always good to hear that other people are fighting off temptation too. It makes me feel less alone in this struggle!
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    :happy: You should feel very proud of yourself! I think the hardest thing is maintaining the willpower!! Way to go!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Yay for you
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!

On Thursday night, I ran a mile in 10:25. Went into work on Friday and they had donuts. They were fresh (I saw them bringing them in) and I wanted one soooo bad. I can't tell you how bad. And I was going to have one in celebration of my 10:25 mile. Then I realized that that isn't how I want to celebrate anything anymore.

I ate my protein bar and went on about my day -- very proud of myself for not caving.
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Great will power! What you described is the hardest for me -- a job well done!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!