Feeling down about falling off

Options
I was doing good. I was not losing tons but I was ok with even a pound a week as long as the scale was moving down. Then it just stayed stagnant and that is where I fell off again. I started drinking one soda can a day again. My weight slowly started to go up. I also was not as active due to health reasons and that is hard to push through. I deal with fatigue daily due to thyroid issues and I get so tired of fighting this body. I know I don't have a choice so I am back here again pushing through. I know I am not the only one and I just wish it was not so damn hard for some of us. Ok rant over :)

Replies

• davidaharsch
    davidaharsch Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just hang in there and keep on fighting
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have hypothyroid and have no issues with being tired. I'm on synthroid. Are you taking anything? If so, get your blood work done. You should not be that tired. If you're not on medication, you need to be.

Plateaus will happen. But if you stick to your plan and don't go off the rails, it will break eventually. I used to hate the plateaus, but now that I log everything and always stick to the plan, it doesn't worry me anymore. Weight loss is not linear. Just remember, it's never going to work differently. You need to find other metrics to go by in times like that. Measurements, how your clothes fit, being able to do more. Make sure to acknowledge all the things you do well. You can do it!
  • ElissaTSH
    ElissaTSH Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I absolutely know how you feel. It's like two steps forward and three steps back for me this past year. What's worse is that this whole thing is not just about counting calories and working out. There are all the other stress-related issues that affect weight gain and binge eating.
  • Anna334
    Anna334 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @David thanks I just saw this :) @ Rose, I don't have a thyroid because I had advanced thyroid cancer so they keep me hyper on purpose to keep the cancer from coming back. The doctor just recently let me raise the meds just a little because I was having severe heart palps because of the meds. I can breathe a little easier since losing some weight but keeping this weight off is so hard with no thyroid but I try to think of other improvements I have made not just the weight loss. thank you. Elissa.........exactly! I guess just keep pushing! thank you all I think I am getting back on track :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, shows how much I know! I had no idea you could have no thyroid! Totally different scenario than just over or under active. I really wish you the best! Be patient
  • Anna334
    Anna334 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @ Rose I had no idea before thyroid cancer of how important a thyroid is to the body. I live with this extreme fatigue all the time. But yes I need lots of patience thanks again :)
  • Endless_Journey
    Endless_Journey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    “Today is a brand new day. A fresh start. Replace any negativity with positivity. Think happy thoughts. Exercise. Drink lots of water. Fill your body with fuel. Healthy is happy. Inspire yourself. Create. Laugh. Play. Love. Learn. Give someone a compliment. Make a new friend. Do a random act of kindness. It creates good karma. Take chances and finally start living life to its fullest. But no matter what’s thrown at you today, smile and remember, tomorrow’s always a fresh new start.”