Fat Skinny Jeans?

Options
Is there such a thing? My body is shaped annoyingly in that my stomach and hips are bigger than anywhere else. For years and years I've worn the "stretch jean" pants with the elastic waistband, but those wear out way too quickly when I'm walking 3 times a week. I recently managed to fit into a pear of size 22 jeans (they have some small bit of stretch, but not much and they are still button/zipper pants) that I've had hidden away forever and could never even get over my hips, let alone buttoned. The waist is now starting to get looser, but the legs are SO baggy on me. I'd love to find a pair of jeans that fit both my spare tractor tire and my legs. Any good suggestions? All are welcome, but I'm on a pretty tight budget so lower priced options would be fantastic! Thanks in advance. :)

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I know Levis have plus sized jeans, so maybe check their site for ideas?
  • MissElectricEyeliner
    Options
    I love my jeans from Maurice's.
  • MaggotPig
    MaggotPig Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    wrenak wrote: »
    Is there such a thing? My body is shaped annoyingly in that my stomach and hips are bigger than anywhere else. For years and years I've worn the "stretch jean" pants with the elastic waistband, but those wear out way too quickly when I'm walking 3 times a week. I recently managed to fit into a pear of size 22 jeans (they have some small bit of stretch, but not much and they are still button/zipper pants) that I've had hidden away forever and could never even get over my hips, let alone buttoned. The waist is now starting to get looser, but the legs are SO baggy on me. I'd love to find a pair of jeans that fit both my spare tractor tire and my legs. Any good suggestions? All are welcome, but I'm on a pretty tight budget so lower priced options would be fantastic! Thanks in advance. :)

Which country are you in?
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    What about jeggings?
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Have you considered trying on maternity skinny jeans? They fit in the legs and have stretchy material in the waist that comes up high.

I've never worn them before, but I came across a pair while shopping over the weekend.
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    What about jeggings?

please don't take offence to this but size 22 has no business wearing jeggings. Sorry but it is true, I was once a size 22 so I know from experience. Try lane Bryant, catch a sale and you can get some amazing deals and their stuff is great!

• CharlotteALC93
    CharlotteALC93 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    In the UK the only jeans that fit me right are Dorothy Perkins ones, even when I was smaller. Theyre stetchy but have a proper waist band and they fit each part of me, hug my body right and im not pulling them up all day, theyre not baggy at the knees, ankles, back. Jeans are so stressful lol!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    What about jeggings?

please don't take offence to this but size 22 has no business wearing jeggings. Sorry but it is true, I was once a size 22 so I know from experience. Try lane Bryant, catch a sale and you can get some amazing deals and their stuff is great!

A size 22 'has no business wearing jeggings'?
    I'm not a size 22 - But I assure you, if I was - I'd wear whatever the hell I want!
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    What about jeggings?

A size 22 'has no business wearing jeggings'?
    I'm not a size 22 - But I assure you, if I was - I'd wear whatever the hell I want!

Absolutely right pink pixie!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I would look at maternity pants.
    Or get pants altered to fit you.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Lane bryant. Stylish clothes in plus sizes. I used to love Lane Bryant and was actually sad when I couldn't shop there anymore.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    What about jeggings?

A size 22 can wear jeggings, a bikini, anything they want. As if people need more reasons to have anxiety about the way they look. I should think the last thing they need is body shaming transferring from others. Please reconsider how you perceive overweight people.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Lane bryant. Stylish clothes in plus sizes. I used to love Lane Bryant and was actually sad when I couldn't shop there anymore.

Another ++ for Lane Bryant.

OP, I just read in another thread that you've lost 50 lbs since April. I HIGHLY encourage you to buy whatever jeans you want and proudly rock them. Congratulations, and keep up your hard work :)
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    What about jeggings?

Uh no . . . while you may not feel appropriate wearing them at a size 22 if she feels comfy in them why not? You have no business telling her what she can and cannot wear, no matter what your size is.

I know I personally don't feel comfy in certain things but I am a size 16 and I wear compression - that's right COMPRESSION - when I run my 5Ks and I love it. I don't wear skirts because I don't like my legs, but if someone else wants to wear a skirt at size whatever then go for it.
  • kirgarrison
    kirgarrison Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Old navy has skinny jeans in size 22 and various fits like curvy and different lengths. The only jeans I'll buy since it's hard to find a good fit for me. They often have discounts and sales online.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    Have you considered trying on maternity skinny jeans? They fit in the legs and have stretchy material in the waist that comes up high.

I've never worn them before, but I came across a pair while shopping over the weekend.

Ah no...the problem with maternity jeans is that they're meant to highlight your growing belly. It's not particularly flattering if you want to lose weight and are trying to look good. Having said that, I have never worn jeans as comfortable as my maternity jeans. I wore them until my daughter was 10 months old :smiley: and I miss them!
  • krithsai
    Options
    wrenak wrote: »

I'm a much smaller size than you but I have the same problem! My darn butt is huge and so anything that fits me well around my bum is huge around my thighs and my waist.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I have an odd combination of skinny legs and hips and a big belly. I frequently alter my slacks and jeans by increasing the side seams an inch or so then tapering into the original seams as I approach the waist.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What about jeggings?

Sorry, but this is very offensive.
    OP, you wear whatever you want.
  • krithsai
    Options
    What about jeggings?

What size is appropriate? Where is this rule book that I've never seen? I'm a pant size 12 and I'm told that I can't wear this and then that. I'll wear whatever the hell I want!