Witching Hour

Options
pznatti
pznatti Posts: 51 Member
I opened the app and logged breakfast for two days before I logged a whole day...

And now it's the witching hour... The boys are asleep. My husband is asleep. And there's so much yummy food in the fridge... Nope. I need to just go to bed.

I read a blog today that said, "this will not be a comfortable journey." And damn if that doesn't help. Yup. It is going to have times that really stink... But I need to just get through today and worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

So I'm going to get into bed. Goodnight.

Replies

• csqurell
    csqurell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    pznatti wrote: »
    I opened the app and logged breakfast for two days before I logged a whole day...

And now it's the witching hour... The boys are asleep. My husband is asleep. And there's so much yummy food in the fridge... Nope. I need to just go to bed.

I read a blog today that said, "this will not be a comfortable journey." And damn if that doesn't help. Yup. It is going to have times that really stink... But I need to just get through today and worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

• csqurell
    csqurell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes you must know my struggles. The kids are finally asleep. I'm alone. All the good foods are right next to the bedroom. I eat them. Go back to bed and then when I wake up to go the bathroom- I eat some more!

pznatti wrote: »

[/quote]

• Aani15
    Aani15 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    On here, I read a lot against late night snacking and I do understand why.
    But, due to knowledge about nutrition, a lot of which was CORRECTED by MFP members like @SideSteel, I feel empowered to take the right decisions and no longer afraid of it (late night snacking).

I just simply log whatever I eat (and try to be accurate as much as possible) and add my late night snacking to my breakfast (I never miss my breakfast). For eg, if I have an average of 2000-2200 kilojoules for breakfast, I make sure my late night snacking and breakfast stay close to that range (and I have to remind myself that I am not under eating). If you feel hungry at night, eat something, for me it is mainly plain yogurt or something else which provides satiety in small amounts (and to wait after eating a small snack because it takes a while to feel full, it works for me, not sure about others).

My daily logging starts at 0000 and finishes at 2359, and I enjoy a lot of foods while staying under (even by 50 kj) my daily calories goal and on days where I exceed that, then I look at my weekly calories goal.
    All the best with daily logging and weight loss!
    :)
  • pznatti
    pznatti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I do know I can eat at night if I eat less in the day... My problem is that it becomes a habit and when I'm tired Ido not make the best decisions... Especially at the start of correcting my eating patterns. I've set my goal at 1800 calories - TDEE - 10% - and if I am to succeed I must stick with that - especially at the start. :)