New at this..

Options
Kaldo11
Kaldo11 Posts: 1
Hey guys. I'm a 19 year old male who is totally new to losing weight. I've usually kept pretty good up until now. I've gained a bit of weight from constantly eating fast food. Because of this, I've found it hard to constantly eat healthy food. The thing is I LOVE vegetables and fruits, but they cost quite a lot and don't fill me. So, if anyone knows some recipes that have some healthy value, that I can prepare and buy fairly cheap and will fill me, I will GREATLY appreciate it!

Replies

• GypsyWildflower
    Options
    Well one of my favorite things to make is Shrimp Salad. We get all the good veggies: a few different leafs (ice burg, romaine, etc), onion, pepper, carrots, peas, broccoli, and I even like to throw in some strawberries or grapes from time to time. You can just buy a mixed bag of lettuce to start out for the cheaper end (honestly if you hit the farmers market, it becomes a really cheap meal no matter what). I add some hard boiled eggs, and little bit of cheese (you can't go too crazy :P), and some shrimp. Sometimes I buy fresh shrimp and give it a quick boil or stir-fry before I throw it in.. or if I feel like cheating and adding a little less health I will buy popcorn shrimp to throw in. It really is AWESOME and very very filling. The great thing is, preparing the whole meal takes about 15 - 20 minutes tops. Everything is easy, quick, healthy, filling, and best of all.. easy clean up.