Motivation Group

Options
Hey guys!

I am really in need of outside motivation and support. I'm in my twenties and I need a change in my lifestyle. I know I'm lazy most of the time, so I need motivation buddies. My family is pretty good at trying to help out, but when one of us gets lazy its downhill from there. I think having outside support is very helpful. Any advice is appreciated.

My goals:
I don't have a specific weight to get down to, I just want to feel energized and pumped to work out again, but around 120 would be great.

Thanks to anyone who wants to help me with my journey.

Replies

• susb
    susb Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you want to lose

Susan
  • leslyfv
    leslyfv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm currently between 139-141 lbs. I think losing 20 lbs. should be fine I'm 5'. I don't care about the number though, I'd rather have more muscle than fat though
  • susb
    Options
    Sounds like a great goal!

Susan
  • susb
    Options
    Maybe you have to be strong and set the example. Most people have a reliance on food. We use it to celebrate, pull ourselves out of a bad mood, console ourselves, or heck, just to reward ourselves.

Think of the options we have, morning, noon and night to eat out, ridiculous! No wonder the CDC states back in 2012 that 69% of us are either overweight or obese!

It is nothing to be ashamed of; most of us are in the majority!

But for those of us who are tired of the weight loss battle; there is a solid path to losing and maintaining your weight.

You have to set up a healthy eating pattern to create a deficit to lose all of the weight you wish to lose. Once you lose the weight, you have to add calories back to your healthy eating pattern to maintain. It's simple math.

You have to commit to it and do it for life and you have to maintain that commitment.

It is best not to think of it as a DIET but as a healthy way of eating.

When I did this I had people, close to me, questioning me at first. Truthfully, I am sure they imagined I was going to fail and couldn't keep up with my healthy way of eating. They were wrong and they were shocked when I reached my goal weight and maintained it.

In life, it is hard to go against the grain but when you do magical things can occur!

I'm doing it right now with a book I am writing and believe me, there is nothing easy about writing a novel; it is hard! I should not be on this site right now; I have to get my two miles in and sit at the computer and get to work!

It reminds of my when I first attempted to lose the weight!

Susan

• SaraJane112
    SaraJane112 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey! I feel like I'm on a similar boat as you! Trying to slim down and become stronger but my motivation to cut out bad food or to exercise can be a little low sometimes!
  • leslyfv
    leslyfv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your replies :) I know I can cut out bad food, since I was able to before. I had tons of help from my parents previously, my mom would cook the healthy food my dad told us we could eat. Now our schedules are so different from when I was in high school. My dad and mom would run with me during that time, I always had one of them to run with me. I had them for motivation and since I started to go to college and have a desk job, I'm not as active as I was before sitting in this desk.

How do you guys get motivation?? I want to start again, I just don't have the same motivation as before.
  • krystal193
    krystal193 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started using MFP a few years ago. It kept me motivated for a while, then I lost interest. Then I got a Fitbit Charge HR, and lost a few pounds with that. But that too soon lost my interest when the challenges became repetitive and boring. :s
    I have come to the conclusion that I need variety. So using MFP, my Fitbit, Fitbit Challenge Group on Facebook & groups on MFP, Runkeeper, plus my Bounts account, I can say that I have a lot of support, daily challenges, great tips and advice, PLUS the opportunity to earn gift cards for sticking to my goals!

For those who have not heard of Bounts; It is a exercise tracking rewards program that can connect to most fitness apps like Fitbit, Runkeeper, MapMyRun, and more! You can earn points and credits everyday just for doing these activities, then trade your points for gift cards.
    Click here to check it out--> Bounts
    Enter my referral code chastain1335 if you decide to sign up and you will get 100 points after your first activity! Good luck and stay motivated! :)
  • Pandora_and_her_box
    Options
    susb wrote: »
    Maybe you have to be strong and set the example. Most people have a reliance on food. We use it to celebrate, pull ourselves out of a bad mood, console ourselves, or heck, just to reward ourselves.

Think of the options we have, morning, noon and night to eat out, ridiculous! No wonder the CDC states back in 2012 that 69% of us are either overweight or obese!

It is nothing to be ashamed of; most of us are in the majority!

But for those of us who are tired of the weight loss battle; there is a solid path to losing and maintaining your weight.

You have to set up a healthy eating pattern to create a deficit to lose all of the weight you wish to lose. Once you lose the weight, you have to add calories back to your healthy eating pattern to maintain. It's simple math.

You have to commit to it and do it for life and you have to maintain that commitment.

It is best not to think of it as a DIET but as a healthy way of eating.

When I did this I had people, close to me, questioning me at first. Truthfully, I am sure they imagined I was going to fail and couldn't keep up with my healthy way of eating. They were wrong and they were shocked when I reached my goal weight and maintained it.

In life, it is hard to go against the grain but when you do magical things can occur!

I'm doing it right now with a book I am writing and believe me, there is nothing easy about writing a novel; it is hard! I should not be on this site right now; I have to get my two miles in and sit at the computer and get to work!

It reminds of my when I first attempted to lose the weight!

Susan

That pretty much sums up my warped relationship with food!

• vintagepoppet97
    vintagepoppet97 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi i want to lose about 25lbs im 154lbs at the moment i just need the motivation.