Is anyone having trouble with getting started?

Options
I am wondering if anyone has trouble with getting started with the weight loss journey? I certainly am finding it difficult to start it. Am I the only one ?

I am very sure where to start and what to do, but it's just so scary... so lost.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    If you go into the pinned posts at the top of each forum, there are some excellent posts for beginners to read. The ones I always recommend:

-Sexypants
    -So You're New Here
    -Calorie Counting 101 (found in General Diet/Weight Loss)
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Took me months to get started. I think it's a common issue. It's difficult to change ingrained habits, but here's the cool thing. It's always possible to be successful.

Start small. Make one change. When you're comfortable, change something else.
  • poohbearl0u
    poohbearl0u Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi let me just say I feel the same way..I'm also feeling nervous about starting this weight loss journey... I'm just starting so let me know how it will work out for you as well..

Let me just share that when I did decide to start, the first thing I did was prepare myself mentally. I dug deep within me why I needed to lose weight, as long as you have that strong reason, which for me was to live a long and healthy life for myself and loved ones, you hold on to it.

Then we take it one day at a time. One small step at a time. Changing one habit at a time, then doing it again and again.

We can do this! ✊
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It's overwhelming to be sure and change is scary. But it's beyond worth it.

In the words of Nike, Just Do It.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Just jump in there and get it.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It took me months to get started - I simply didn't "want" it enough or it wasn't as important to me back then.

My advice would be, don't overthink it. As Lifting4Lis said - jump in there and get it. You can do it. And you'll feel great for it. :)
  • sblatt1
    sblatt1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I know what I have to do. I simply just don't do it. I'm told if I want it bad enough, I'll start. But I do. Just seem to can't get motivated.
  • joshuajdouce
    joshuajdouce Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Start by doing something small everyday but start now and in no time you'll be going all out to meeting your goals!
  • fernlittlestar
    fernlittlestar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey it's hard going especially when u have tried hard all week and the scales don't move I have my weigh class tonight first week on here marking wat I eat and walking! Good look aim for something and feel amazing once u have got it x
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I've found it hard to start all four times I started... yup, I gotta lose the same 20 pounds yet again.