i want to lose 3 inches off my waist

Options
can anyone tell me the best exercises that are best for waist reduction

Replies

• glitznglamour15
    glitznglamour15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Honestly, weight lifting is your best bet when it comes to losing inches off your waist. Try moves such as the deadlift, kettle bell routines, squats, etc to really build muscle in your midsection. Of course, you need to do cardio as well. Focus on doing HIIT cardio (look up online), it is very effective in burning off that stubborn fat. Most importantly above all is to just stay active and keep going. You probably wont see results in the first week but give it a few months and you will feel better than ever! Stay motivated!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Losing fat is best for waist reduction. Eat in a caloric deficit (eat fewer calories than you burn.)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Weight loss happens in the kitchen........eat fewer calories than you expend. You can have a killer set of abs but if they're hidden under a layer of fat......

• pcoffaro
    pcoffaro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    side planks and laying on your back alternating elbow to knee work
  • Nicole3043
    Nicole3043 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Start of with cutting out processed foods and sugars. You will never be able to see those abs thru fat. You also need to workout consistently too.It won't happen over night, but if you stick with it, you will see a difference. Here are some workouts that you can do at home that need almost no equipment at all. One is a body weight exercise and one is a beginner HIIT workout. Best of luck! :smile:

http://www.sportsnutritionminute.com/body-weight-exercises-welcome-to-your-home-gym/
    http://www.sportsnutritionminute.com/hiit-for-beginners/
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    pcoffaro wrote: »

Ab exercises will help build/strengthen the muscles, but they won't do a single bit of good as far as getting rid of the layer of fat over them. You can't exercise fat. The only way to reduce your waist is through a calorie deficit.

The best exercises for waist reduction are fork putdowns and table pushaways.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Lose 20lb. I'm down 38lb and I lost 6" off of my waist (going by 1" belt holes, I don't have the original measurement cause I didn't log it anywhere). It doesn't matter what exercises you do or what food you eat. You have to create a calorie deficit to lose weight, and you won't lose inches without losing the fat.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    pcoffaro wrote: »

Ab exercises will help build/strengthen the muscles, but they won't do a single bit of good as far as getting rid of the layer of fat over them. You can't exercise fat. The only way to reduce your waist is through a calorie deficit.

The best exercises for waist reduction are fork putdowns and table pushaways.

:D