edited November 2015
    Options
    Torrid has plus sized skinny jeans.

http://www.torrid.com/
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    These by LL Bean should fit the way you want. They definitely have tighter legs than other jeans. They fit me better than Lane Bryant jeans: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/72403?feat=622-GN1&page=comfort-knit-jeans-straight-leg&productId=1218006

These women’s straight-leg comfort knit jeans may look like denim, but they’re as comfortable to wear as your favorite sweats.

LL Bean has a great guarantee policy and if you find them wearing out sooner than you think is reasonable, you can return them.

They are not cheap, so maybe put on your Christmas wish list or whatever.

I need a size smaller in these than I do in other jeans.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    krithsai wrote: »
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    Have you considered trying on maternity skinny jeans? They fit in the legs and have stretchy material in the waist that comes up high.

I've never worn them before, but I came across a pair while shopping over the weekend.

Ah no...the problem with maternity jeans is that they're meant to highlight your growing belly. It's not particularly flattering if you want to lose weight and are trying to look good. Having said that, I have never worn jeans as comfortable as my maternity jeans. I wore them until my daughter was 10 months old :smiley: and I miss them!

Ah I see. Thank you for taking the time to clarify!
  • SaraB_82
    SaraB_82 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Old navy has skinny jeans in size 22 and various fits like curvy and different lengths. The only jeans I'll buy since it's hard to find a good fit for me. They often have discounts and sales online.

I second this! I have so much love for Old Navy jeans. They have a plus-sized section on their website that goes up to 22 and beyond with different cuts of skinny jeans. And don't worry about rocking 'em at that size. Skinny jeans and a tunic type top looks great on anyone. As long as you have personal style, you can look great at any size. :wink:
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Old navy has skinny jeans in size 22 and various fits like curvy and different lengths. The only jeans I'll buy since it's hard to find a good fit for me. They often have discounts and sales online.

I second this! I have so much love for Old Navy jeans. They have a plus-sized section on their website that goes up to 22 and beyond with different cuts of skinny jeans. And don't worry about rocking 'em at that size. Skinny jeans and a tunic type top looks great on anyone. As long as you have personal style, you can look great at any size. :wink:

Even the curvy shape doesn't help with my big bum! I have to buy the smallest size that fits my bum, wear a belt around the loose waist and wash it constantly so the shape looks decent around my legs. I don't know if I'll ever find curvy jeans that fit me properly :neutral:
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    What about jeggings?

please don't take offence to this but size 22 has no business wearing jeggings. Sorry but it is true, I was once a size 22 so I know from experience. Try lane Bryant, catch a sale and you can get some amazing deals and their stuff is great!

A size 22 can wear jeggings, a bikini, anything they want. As if people need more reasons to have anxiety about the way they look. I should think the last thing they need is body shaming transferring from others. Please reconsider how you perceive overweight people.

I knew I would get slammed for saying that and that's ok, its just IMO. I am NOT body shaming anyone! Its just IMO. IMO you should dress for your body type, no matter what it is. Just because a person can wear something doesn't mean they should, I am not putting anyone down or body shaming or hating on anyone, it is just my thoughts, it is MY truth. Look at my profile picture I was no small girl, I was aware of my size.

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Wth are jeggings? Off to google...

A-ha! For old people who aren't in the know, they're leggings made of denim (jeans.)

If a size 22 wants to wear them, more power to her.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    What about jeggings?

please don't take offence to this but size 22 has no business wearing jeggings. Sorry but it is true, I was once a size 22 so I know from experience. Try lane Bryant, catch a sale and you can get some amazing deals and their stuff is great!

A size 22 can wear jeggings, a bikini, anything they want. As if people need more reasons to have anxiety about the way they look. I should think the last thing they need is body shaming transferring from others. Please reconsider how you perceive overweight people.

I knew I would get slammed for saying that and that's ok, its just IMO. I am NOT body shaming anyone! Its just IMO. IMO you should dress for your body type, no matter what it is. Just because a person can wear something doesn't mean they should, I am not putting anyone down or body shaming or hating on anyone, it is just my thoughts, it is MY truth. Look at my profile picture I was no small girl, I was aware of my size.

The fact that YOU don't feel comfortable wearing jeggings at size 22 has nothing to do with whether or not others should. If you meant this as your opinion for yourself, saying that ANYONE at size 22 has "no business" wearing them was poor communication. People shouldn't be expected to hide their bodies until they reach the size that matches your opinions of what they should wear.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Wth are jeggings? Off to google...

A-ha! For old people who aren't in the know, they're leggings made of denim (jeans.)

If a size 22 wants to wear them, more power to her.

Wow, my brain read jeggings as leggings in three posts, lol.

There's a pear shaped reviewer who loves these jeggings: http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2241162/lc-lauren-conrad-jeggings-womens.jsp?color=Dark Wash Denim
  • wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input, all. I'm in the US (Alaska to be specific). I'll pop into the Old Navy here and try a few things on (one of my least favorite things to do is try on clothes) to see what fits and go from there. Not sure if we have Lane Bryant around, but will definitely look!
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    What about jeggings?

Umm not everybody type (shape) is the same regardless of what size maybe you didn't look good in jeggings but I've seen some size 22's and bigger that look dam good!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    wrenak wrote: »
    Thanks for all the input, all. I'm in the US (Alaska to be specific). I'll pop into the Old Navy here and try a few things on (one of my least favorite things to do is try on clothes) to see what fits and go from there. Not sure if we have Lane Bryant around, but will definitely look!

I can't speak for their pants specifically, but ModCloth has a lot of clothes in all kinds of shapes and sizes - many from XS all the way through plus - and has a FANTASTIC return policy. I can't say what shipping to Alaska might be, but they're definitely worth looking into! :)
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    What about jeggings?

did you read this before you pressed post reply?
    honestly its one of those things you keep in your head
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    OP i was uk size 18/20 and i wore leggings, jeggings and skinny jeans. For me i just made sure they werent low rise as i am wasnt comfortable with that. i am in uk so got mine in dorothy perkins, marks and sparks and next. go get your jeans.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Find a Nordstrom, they will alter most things you purchase in store for free. My mother is shaped like you and she buys jeans there then has the legs slightly altered, and they look fabulous. Otherwise the legs are too baggy on her or the waist is too tight and unflattering.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I feel your struggles, OP! I always had problems finding good skinny jeans with my large tummy, butt and hips, and relatively small (though not actually small) legs. I used to have to take them in at the legs all the time.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Also, I wore jeggings when I was a size 22 and I rocked them :)
  • midge_m
    midge_m Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I second old navy, especially for the price (you might need to look online though, the pluses are thin on the ground in the store.)

I like Lane Bryant's clothes but to me they are a little overpriced and , also just IMO, they think that all women are either pear or hourglass shape. I too need more in the waist than corresponds to my legs, in order to get Lane Bryant's pants buttoned (no matter what cut they say they are) I have to get a size that makes it look like wind socks on my legs.

Good luck!
  • Dariasen
    Dariasen Posts: 145 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Forever 21 has a nice selection (online as well). I love thier skinny high-waist jeans. So comfy. I usually get them a size smaller than I am because there is enough strech to look good but also motivate me to loose more to look better...plus the price isn't too band to replace them every few months.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I get all my jeans from Maurice's. They carry skinny jeans as well as jeans for different figures (curvy, etc.) and carry them in regular and plus sizes.