Netflix???

Options
So I recently just got netflix and there are SO many on-demand choices of exercise I can choose from. I already have like 30 DS, NMTZ, and BFBM...but I am wondering if you have Netflix what are good ones that you do or if you dont what do you recommend for me to try...right now I am so overwhelmed by it all

Replies

• AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I've had Netflix for years and never even thought to look for exercise videos! What a great idea! I have no idea what the alphabet soup you quoted is (DS, NMTZ, BFBM), can you elaborate? But I'm very interested to hear what others have to say about this.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    they are all jillian michaels dvds... they are 30 day shred, no more trouble zones and burn fat burn metablism...im thinking that if im paying for netflix and its unlimited then might as well do the exercise ones as well
  • mrsway
    mrsway Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I was trying to ask the same thing earlier but apparently my post never showed up! I am very curious about the same thing. I don't live anywhere near a gym and since it has gotten incredibly hot already (I live in the desert in AZ) I was looking for suggestions of videos I can get from the instant streaming and still get a great workout while indoors. I have tried a couple of the dance ones and really did not enjoy them at all.Any other suggestions are welcome though :smile:
  • mrsway
    Options
    Bump...Still looking for suggestions :smile:
  • rtolworthy
    rtolworthy Posts: 10
    Options
    Self magazine has a few workouts that are on the watch now list. I like to do the "best butt fast" and "bikini ready, fast". Crunch also makes a few pilates ones that are great.
  • blacrasberri
    blacrasberri Posts: 102
    Options
    I've been a subscriber to Netflix for years and it makes complete sense to use what u have instead of purchasing more work out DVDS to eventually collect dust. Listed below are a few dvds I stream as well as, eating right, hitting the gym 2 days a week, and playing wii fitness games.

Self Bikini Ready Fast
    Self Slim & Sleek
    Crunch: Cardio Dance Blast
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Netflix - instant workouts ...... slim pickin's

Look for:
    Crunch: 13 available --- Super Slimdown is my fave!
    10 Minute Solutions - 7 available -- Kickboxing is fun
    Dance Off! - 4 available
    Self: - 3 available
    Trainer's Edge - 3 available
    Healing Yoga - 2 available
    Yoga for Health - 2 available
    Pilates Essentials
    Pick Your Level Pilates -- Like this one too
    The Situation

There are lots more available for mailing purposes. New (2011)workouts do not show up with the general search sometimes. So be sure to look up a title on it's own.
  • mrsway
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions...I am sure that the OP will appreciate them too :happy:
  • AmandaMonique
    Options
    The Trainer's Edge series is really good, they're all a little old and not as 'fun' as newer videos but it's a good mix of strength training and cardio. I use them to break up my routine and i'm pretty much always sore after. I think they're great!
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I LOVE Crunch Super Slim Down Yoga! Ever since I started using it, I haven't been able to stop, because the stretches make my body feel absolutely amazing! I've never tried yoga prior to this workout either. It's 42 minutes, and I usually burn around 176 calories. It's low intensity, but it really works out your muscles and stretches your entire body.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    We have netflix, and I didn't know it had fitness videos. I am from Canada ,and the selection is limited here, but i'll definitely will check it out. Thanks for bringing it up!

I just checked it. In Canada Netflix only has a single fitness video , and it pilates, booo. They seriously should freshen up they selection here.
  • acasey0123
    Options
    im glad to see that there are other dvds that I can watch instantly through my wii because I want to do them whenever and not have to wait for it in the mail and that there are more than 10 minute solutions
  • tropikanagirl
    tropikanagirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I totally recommend you try the "Self" videos. There is one that says it is bikini ready, and that is a strength training one for 38 minutes. Great workout and gives great tips on eating right after the video. I also tried the crunch videos and there is one with one guy named Kendall. Simple exercises that will make you sweat! I tried a new one today called "dance off the inches". Its okay. Just wanted to do something different and dance. The instructor is a bit quick, but this will make you sweat too!

hope this helped out!
    tropikanagirl
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Jackie Warner is good as well. Similar workout style to Jillian Michaels.
  • tropicalicyicy
    tropicalicyicy Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Look for:
    Dance Off! - 4 available
    Pilates Essentials
    The Situation

There are lots more available for mailing purposes. New (2011)workouts do not show up with the general search sometimes. So be sure to look up a title on it's own.

thanks for the list!! i've had netflix since last year and never looked or thought they would have workouts on instant. it also helps when i looked those up and similar choices came up.
  • acasey0123
    Options
    thank you everybody..im glad i have a list now since they dont have an exercise category
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love the yoga ones...Hulu Plus has some good options too and a subscription to that is the same as Netflix--$8.99 a month. What I like about that is that they are TV series workout shows, so you can get used to the instructor, but not have to do the same workout over and over!
  • tiffanyquincey
    Options
    I love the pick your level pilates. I'm still new to working out and its great for beginners. Its not too hard if you stay at level 1 or 2. I'm hoping to move up to level 3 after a while..
  • Felesina1
    Felesina1 Posts: 142
    Options
    How do you know how many calories you burn with this? Does the video tell you or do you have a way to measure?
  • mschickiepoo
    mschickiepoo Posts: 91 Member
    Options

Look for:
    Dance Off! - 4 available
    Pilates Essentials
    The Situation

Whenever I put in one of those titles it shows it, but says that it is unavailable.... WHY??? :(