• madmanmk
    madmanmk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    all adds welcomed
  • meggcoy
    meggcoy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    megliner wrote: »
    Hey everyone my name is Megan! I am starting my 1200 calorie diet today as I am trying to lose 2 lbs a week until my birthday March 28! I would love to have some friends we can share diaries with to get ideas for what 1200 calories looks like! So please add me so we can motivate and inspire one another for a successful life change!

My name is the same as yours only its spelled Meganne and i too am on track to lose 2 lbs a week and am allowed 1200 calories a day.
  • Amberdoodledawn
    Amberdoodledawn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did really good for a couple of years but due to some medical issues gained a bunch back now I'm going to be doing mfp and 1200 daily ... well trying my hardest anyway
  • Silpeanut
    Silpeanut Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    HI there,I am also a 1200 calories a day and I am fighting to lose my last 20 lbs. I have also given myself a challenge to lose 16 lbs by New Years (= 2lbs a week for next 8 weeks). I find a lot of inspiration, support and motivation from my MFP friends and am always happy to give it back . Anyone looking for support and motivation feel free to add me, but no negative nellies please. And it's always nice if there is a message with the friend request but not necessary. Stay strong everyone and good luck!!
  • susb
    susb Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I had 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt with fresh starbelrries cut up and mixed in with 1 packet of Truvia. 1/2 English muff with 2 tsp. of peanut butter and a drizzle of honey. I am going for a two mile walk/jog but more emphasis is clearly on walking!
  • susb
    Options
    I notice there are more food temptations that come my way on the weekends than during the week. I find the weekdays easier. We do things on the weekend and very often the things we do are spur of the moment and out of the house. This is where we have to adapt the best we can and we can. My husband had a hamburger and fries at a nice restaurant Friday night while I had a nice chicken salad and a cup of tomato soup. I don't think my choices were the absolute lowest but I do know they were a heck of lot better than
    that hamburger and fries!

The next morning we went out to eat, as I said before, at an awesome but simple breakfast/lunch diner for breakfast. I had one piece of WW toast with 1 tsp. of butter and jelly and one egg. I gave my husband the grits. I usually eat the grits and another half of toast. Small things matter, right?

I ate the leftover salad for lunch but it wasn't enough. We were still working around my daughter's house and I realized my husband was getting hungry. I suggested he grab a quick hamburger at McDonalds down the street. I went with him, thinking I might find something to supplement my leftover small salad. I either wasn't that hungry or I realized I did not want another chicken salad, so I ordered nothing and that's ok. Later, when we got back to her house, I ate a half of a granola bar for 90 or so calories.

That's how this works when you're out of pocket, you have to find ways to eat smart.

When I got home I later made a smoothie for an afternoon snack and had one bowl of homemade chili I had already made a couple of days ago.

I also ate three 25 calorie all fruit half bar Popsicles for something sweet. I had no crackers with the chili.

I'm listing my intake here because I don't have the time to use the site to add calories throughout the day. I know the site because I used it for over 6 months and it works. I now have that knowledge and I know what 1,200 looks like because of my previous knowledge.

I can tell you this site works and I lost every single pound and was able to maintain the loss for over three years.

Susan

• raqueldoolittle
    raqueldoolittle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would really like to be a part of this group, I can't seem to stay within 1200 beyond one day - I need ideas. I am trying not to "eat" the calories I earn, but I find its hard not needing more food on days I workout - please add me
  • susb
    Options
    I am going to make a string bean Mediterranean recipe that I made in the past from a new cookbook my son's girlfriend gave me; it's is awesome and chocked with flavor. I can eat it as a side for a couples of days after also. I think we are going to pick up a rotisserie chicken and I will make my usual mixed salad green, pre washed, with grape tomatoes, cucumber and avocado. I will also use a small amount of salad dressing I make from the Italian Seasoning packet.

I have another recipe, a a chicken Tomato based entree from this book that is awesome. I want to add many Mediterranean recipes to our everyday meals. As we've all heard, this styles of eating is conducive to good health. I want to find more Mediterranean cookbooks.

Susan
  • susb
    Options
    I had a cup of the string beans, a piece of the chicken, 1/4 cup sautéed mushrooms and my standard mixed greens, grape tomato, cucumber, avocado salad with a small amount of the homemade Italian Seasoning dressing. I am also going to eat 1/2 of a sweet potato too.

This is a healthy meal but it will also be my larger meal of the day.
  • susb
    Options
    As I left the grocery store today, with all of my healthy items, I had a flashback of when my cart included cookies and ice cream. I was about to feel sorry for myself when I noticed many people who were overweight. I also asked myself: where did that get you when you ate those things. I knew the answer, I don't want to battle weight loss; I want take off any weight that bothers me and remain in the correct area for me. Momentary gratification is not worth the feelings I'm left with after I eat something that goes against my goals.

Susan
  • copluv915
    copluv915 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I am joining in because I need you! :) I need to be motivated by other women that are going through a journey of being more healthy and are on the same level of 1200 calories/day. I need to be encouraged that I can do this! :) I am really loving reading your caloric ideas as far as how to spread them out during the day and of course food/recipes. I haven't been on MyFitnessPal in a few weeks so help keep my accountable. :) Thanks so much for sharing your ideas, I hope to add some of my own soon!
  • susb
    Options
    I am writing my meals down so that people on this thread can see how to sparse out 1,200 calories over the course of the day. As I mentioned several times, it is critical to eat on time. This prevents us from becoming famished.

These times are not set in stone; it could be 8:30 or 7:30 as an example.

8:00 breakfast 250
    10:00 snack 100
    12:00 or 12:30 lunch 300
    3:00 or 3:30 snack 100
    6:00 dinner 400

That's 1,150 but you can add little here or there anywhere.

I make soups, like vegetable soup, split pea soup or any healthy soup. I freeze small two cup batches. I use these soups as a lunch addition with a half of WW toast with turkey, low cal mayo and lettuce and tomato.

I sauté vegetables with onions throughout the week: cabbage, zucchini, squash, spinach, mushrooms and instead of soup, I substitute a vegetable at times. I continually have prepared areas to pull from most times.
    I also steam broccoli and cauliflower.

For dinner I will cook chicken, pork chops with a small amount of,water in a covered pan and I add small amounts of water so I can cook the meat in it's own juices without adding anything.

I eat a lot of beans, black, kidney, white and field peas. It's ok to use canned, just add bell pepper, onions and garlic.

You can make these things in large enough batches to eat the next couple of days or to freeze.

I eat fruit in smoothies and during the day but I measure or count them out.

I eat FF cottage cheese and FF Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries or strawberries cut up and 1 pack of Truvia for a snack.

1 cup of grapes for a snack. A banana, pear or most fruits you like for a snack. I stay In the 100 range for a snack.

I eat more of the recommended vegetables and fruits each day, so it is possible to get it in over the course of a day.

I use whipped butter, 45% less than real butter and natural peanut butter. I use honey.

I don't load any of this stuff on my half EM or a piece of toast

I buy pears, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, grapes and mixed fruit once or twice a week.

I also eat the same things for breakfast during the week most days because it's good and it works.

1 serving of old fashioned oatmeal with whipped butter and Truvia.

1 scrambled egg with a small amount of 2% shredded cheddar cheese, less than a T, with a half of EM toasted with whipped butter and jelly or preserves and 1/2 cup of milk

1/2 EM toasted with natural PB, sliced banana, drizzled with honey. (Small amounts) with 1/2 cup of FF Greek yogurt and fresh strawberries or blueberries cut up and mixed in (one pack of Truvia).

1 serving of honey Cheerios or regular or bran flakes with 1/2 cup of 1% milk, Truvia and half a banana or blueberries.

I will continue to try to write what I eat when I can. I know my post is not perfect but I am trying to get this down and not worried about perfect punctuation!

• susb
    Options
    Dinner

I had I cup of honey Cheerios about about 150
    with 3/4 cup of 1% milk 85
    and half a large banana 50

Close to 300 right there. Good for breakfast, or when you want to eat light at night after a larger lunch or breakfast.
  • susb
    Options
    It takes time for a pound to drop off. You should see a loss of one pound at least once a week and a couple or when you first start this type deficit plan.

I weigh everyday, in the morning, in just my underwear, so that I will get accurate results before I drink my coffee or eat. I don't look for drops everyday, not realistic, but it is fun when it does drop, even if it takes a week!

Weighing daily keeps me motivated and aware that I am on a mission!
  • Nickyc00
    Nickyc00 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have been on 1200 for about 2 years, I'm 5ft1 and lost 2st.. I find it is like a merry go round depending on what I feel emotionally and my mindset , it's hard work keeping on the wagon but is so worth keep trying even if you fail to keep going. I do exercise and this is definitely a must for me as I don't deprive myself as I burn calories to compensate for over indulging. Even a walk makes a huge difference. Everything in moderation is key to my success. I plateau'd but have found that looking at sugars and fats rather than just calories has made a huge difference in a positive way to both mindset and the scales. Some days I am finding it hard to eat 1200 actually because I'm so busy but then if I am naughty on a day (which does happen) it kinda balances. Good luck everyone !
  • JackyPaterson
    JackyPaterson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1200 calories, I am getting use to it. Oncein a while I get up to 1240. I have lost 90 punds feel great. Diet and exercise to easy. Took me a year and a half.
  • susb
    Options
    I am having old fashioned oatmeal for breakfast with cinnamon and a little whipped butter. I don't love oatmeal but I know it is good for me, so I throw it in the cycle of breakfast that I eat on a weekly basis.

I am getting ready to walk out my door and get two miles in!

Have a great Monday!

Susan
  • susb
    Options
    Awesome Jacky!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm on 1200 but if I were on 1500 I suspect I wish I could eat 1800. There are so many really fattening, but yummy, foods out there. If it was easier for the folks on 1500 or 1800 calories, we wouldn't have any overweight people over 5'6"!! Just a thought to keep us all from feeling too deprived :smile: .