LADIES???

Options
How do ye stay away from sugar and junk food when TOM is around?? I just cant stay away from chocolate its so hard i do great every other week??

Replies

• Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Most of us that eat it just work it into our calorie count for the day...I rarely eat candy as I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but when I have the odd craving..I will buy the fun/snack sizes and eat a couple (few lol) of those...I would generally scale back a bit on breakfast or lunch to fit them in...Sometimes though, if you have to just go IN, make that an "eat to maintenance day", I am thinking. :)
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes with chocolate, 82 calories and satisfies the cravings.
  • amandabama22
    amandabama22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Eat PB2 Chocolate is so good and its only like 45 calories.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I keep it out of the house. That is the only way it helps me.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I have been having a slice of chocolate tuxedo cheesecake every night. It's 390 calories. I make it fit into my calorie budget. Sometimes I also have one or two Seely's chocolate mint patties (when I can get them) - soooooo good. I make those fits as well. It's usually on days when I've been extremely active, so I can afford 500 - 600 calories on sweets. I used to try to deny myself and would be good for a few weeks, and then I would binge, and end up sometimes 3500 - 6000 calories over budget (I weigh and log my binges). This was not sustainable, not to mention I would be physically ill the next day so I just make it fit. Much easier.

Also, if I don't have enough calories for the cake and want chocolate, there are these "Go Raw" 2 x 2 inch dark chocolate squares that are only 35 calories each, which are decent. They're made up of cacoa and agave nectar - I've reverse engineered the recipe and have figured out how to make them, takes 10 minutes. Feel free to pm me if you want the instructions.

I don't think I could go without chocolate during that TOM. I'd get arrested lol.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Good dark chocolate. I could knock of half a block of milk choc but be happy with 3-4 squares of 80% cocoa lindt.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of mini Twix or Snickers.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I found that taking a magnesium supplement helped with the chocolate cravings. They've pretty much disappeared.

I still treat myself to something yummy during TOM if I'm having a particularly crummy day, but I don't feel like eating an entire huge bag of M&Ms anymore.

~Lyssa
  • omatga
    omatga Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I Freeze the Triple Zero Oinkos Greek Yogurt - they taste like fro-yo!! But damn I totally feel you. I crave chocolate and carbs during TOM like no ones biz!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    I find that 2 squares of dark chocolate satisfies my craving, without a calorie-bomb.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    omatga wrote: »
    I Freeze the Triple Zero Oinkos Greek Yogurt - they taste like fro-yo!! But damn I totally feel you. I crave chocolate and carbs during TOM like no ones biz!
    I love this idea! Going to pick some up and pop them in the freezer tomorrow!
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I ate 3 chocolate truffles today and I am way past menopause. It fit into my calorie allotment.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    I found that taking a magnesium supplement helped with the chocolate cravings. They've pretty much disappeared.

I still treat myself to something yummy during TOM if I'm having a particularly crummy day, but I don't feel like eating an entire huge bag of M&Ms anymore.

~Lyssa

Ya, I take magnesium, exercise throughout the month, and for a few days premenstrually eat regular food at maintenance calorie levels, and don't have cravings anymore. I do eat small amount of high quality chocolate pretty much every day, but I don't crave it like I used to.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't have cravings during TOM. Definitely take a magnesium pill!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I don't buy junk food. If you don't buy it, you don't have it to eat. Fruit is very sweet and will deliver sugar if you need it. :)

I do eat more before a period, but I eat less after it starts, so it all works out.
  • voldemortisreal
    voldemortisreal Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Sing me the song of your chocolate eating people... the struggle is real! I totally feel you on this one; however, like most other posters I try and squash it into the daily budget--or shuffle/walk/swim a bit more to 'earn it.' And, it sounds weird, but sometimes simply distracting yourself can help kill a craving as well...maybe do a completely different task for 5-10min or trying the delayed gratification method and see if that helps.

If you are into ice cream, like another poster mentioned, you can just freeze yogurts or Greek yogurts, those are always pretty tasty. Dannon makes a Light and Fit (?) Chocolate on top Greek Yogurt. The vanilla is delicious and the chocolate gets a MUCH better consistency/texture when popped into the freezer for about 10min. I would also recommend trying out different varieties of yogurts/flavors to see which one(s) you like best.

But, sometimes, only the good stuff will do...and *sigh* that's when it becomes an IIFYM (or daily allowance) kind of situation.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I work a treat into my day, TOM or not. Today was three small chocolate chip cookies.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I don't crave stuff I don't normally eat. I don't notice being any hungrier during my period. I just don't think about it......
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    i eat mug brownies

fit them into my calories
  • Mikkamoo12
    Mikkamoo12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replys ladies i will defo try some of your tips it sucks veing a woman sometimes:))