I NEED MOTIVATION!

Options
Hey :)

I am really keen to lose weight but I have such a craving for crap food. My boyfriend is my motivation but as he says I'm fine the way I am, he doesn't support me...

Anyone got any tips on how to STAY motivated?

Tahh xxx

Replies

• Kichelchen
    Kichelchen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Have an ickle bit of that crap food just to give in to the craving and then stay away. If you don't give in, you will eventually and it's gonna end in a binge or you try to fill it up with other things. Trust me, been there, done that ;) You're not punishing yourself but on a long term journey, so you should reward yourself sometimes :) Just hang in there :) x
  • HolllieLouise
    Options
    Thank you, I will definitly hang in there!!!!! xx
  • Mals1805
    Mals1805 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat, my boyfriend would tell me I was fine, but I didn't feel that way. I didn't feel myself at att. So what how I stay motivation, I am just looking at the big picture. I will be healthier, my clothes will fit so much better and I will look amazing. Another thing I have done was to have friends on this site, it is so encouraging to have others going through the same thing and having just words of encouragment! So feel free to add me as a friend and good luck towards your goal!!:wink:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    http://news.yahoo.com/video/health-15749655/woman-loses-300-pounds-the-old-fashioned-way-25535671

Watch this!!!!!!!!! It's not about your boyfriend it's about you.
  • MMAsac
    MMAsac Posts: 191
    Options
    your oppinion is the only one that matters, you only have one chance at life so live it the way you see best fit, and if you think you'd be happier at a smaller size then go for it.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    It's going to be individual to you. I, personally, weigh frequently, and seeing the pounds fall off keeps me motivated. But, frequent weighing drives some people nuts due to water weight variations.

Good luck finding your personal motivation(s). Keep trying until something works for you.
  • bradynsmom
    bradynsmom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you on that craving fro crap food and need for motivation. I think if you can get some good friends on here to keep you in check and you give a to a little of that crap food to keep the cravings away they will start to get less and less. I least that is what I keep telling myself. Good Luck.
  • HolllieLouise
    Options
    Thannk you very much guys (: xxx
  • Sueki52
    Sueki52 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi,
    I have been keeping sundays as my treat day...eat a full english in the morning, a lovely sunday roast for tea and something very naughty and extremely nice for afters...that keeps me motivated as it is something to look forward to all week..then work hard to burn it off the following week...seems to work for me!!!

Maybe choose your favourite day to have a treat.

hope that helps x sue x:tongue:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Double post sorry
  • tbucks
    tbucks Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The myfitnesspal app for Android has really been helping me. Anytime I think about eating something bad, I think to myself "do I really want to log that." Definitely has been helping me out.