Does anyone else get really really cold?

Options
I'm hoping it's not my diet. I'm on 1200 cals a day and lately I've been getting unreasonably cold- my dorm was at 70 degrees the other day and I had to put gloves on because I couldn't feel my hands. Anyone else?

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    Nope ... I've gone from having hot flashes and feeling really uncomfortably warm most of the time, back to something that feels normal. :)
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    Options
    My husband likes to keep the house at 68 F... so I blame him, not my diet ;)
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Yes I get really cold, likely from the combination of being in a deficit and losing a lot of weight. Temps dropping from season change now so even with my thermostat at 70 there's a miserable chill in the air.
  • siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That's not really something anyone could tell you over the internet. 1200 for dieting is fine for short people, so it's probably not that.
    Best go see a doctor if you can't feel your limbs.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yep. I've been wearing a jacket off an on with this coldfront*. I find I lose fat in my extremities first, so it makes my hands sensitive to chill. The plus side to that is that they look bony and gnarled. That is plus side, right?

*Look, 60° is chilly in Texas. Not outright cold, but cool enough for my nice comfy sweater jacket!
  • Dawn410
    Dawn410 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism, so I'm always freezing!

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    ihaterocks wrote: »
    I'm hoping it's not my diet. I'm on 1200 cals a day and lately I've been getting unreasonably cold- my dorm was at 70 degrees the other day and I had to put gloves on because I couldn't feel my hands. Anyone else?

Got cold when I was fat, get cold now that I'm at a healthy weight.

Except I get jot flashes now due to menopause.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Are you eating enough?
    Really 1200 or above and a part of your exercise calories.

What are your stats? And is that you in the profile photo?

when you dont eat enough you can have it cold too. There could be lots of reasons for having it cold. From medical reasons to really being cold outside.

But for some reason i get the idea that you maybe not eating enough. And a young woman on "only" 1200 calories a day? ....i hope and probably am wrong. But something seems off here.

95069916.png
  • _Justinian_
    _Justinian_ Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I get colder now then I used to, but I think it's because I don't have all that fat keeping me warm anymore... :)
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    bcalvanese wrote: »
    I get colder now then I used to, but I think it's because I don't have all that fat keeping me warm anymore... :)

Ditto. And I've only lost 18 lbs. So my guess is it's gonna get worse. The success threads talk about this a lot. And the answer I keep seeing is to increase your fat intake. It seems to work well for them that have reached goal.
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    I'm freezing always. It's kinda a joke with everyone. At work I wear a jacket or 2 and have a space heater. And it gets worse if I eat or drink something cold like salad or cold water. I really hate it
  • scorpcookie
    scorpcookie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I do get colder now that I've lost some weight. I've actually added half a dozen sweaters to my wardrobe as a result of it.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I've never been very cold, naturally, and weight loss hasn't changed that. However, 95% of my genetic makeup is Scandinavian, and we are freakish winter people who go hiking in the snow. :smile:

I'd be concerned about not being able to feel my extremities. If it keeps bothering you, I'd take a visit to the doctor.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Yep, it is even worse after exercise. I basically drink nothing but hot tea or booze in the winter (not that I am suggesting drinking alcohol to a minor, or anyone else).

OP: the only way to determine if it is your diet would be to eat a little more and see if it helps. You are really close to your goal weight, so eating closer to maintenance for the winter wouldn't be the worst thing.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel the cold more now that I've lost my 'padding' ;)
    My boyfriend HATES it when I put my cold feet on him in bed to warm up - but needs must!
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Dawn410 wrote: »
    I have hypothyroidism, so I'm always freezing!

Me too. So that being said, have you been to a doctor lately? Thyroid function affects a lot of things... including weight gain/loss
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Yes, I definitely run colder since I've lost weight. This has benefited me overall though. I'd prefer to be cold rather than hot. So in the summer I'm a bit more comfortable. In the winter we still keep our thermostat 58-62F, otherwise I overheat while sleeping (that hasn't really changed). I do have problems with circulation in my hands and feet. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
  • ihaterocks
    ihaterocks Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes, I definitely run colder since I've lost weight. This has benefited me overall though. I'd prefer to be cold rather than hot. So in the summer I'm a bit more comfortable. In the winter we still keep our thermostat 58-62F, otherwise I overheat while sleeping (that hasn't really changed). I do have problems with circulation in my hands and feet. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
    Same. It is in my hands mostly.
  • ihaterocks
    ihaterocks Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yep, it is even worse after exercise. I basically drink nothing but hot tea or booze in the winter (not that I am suggesting drinking alcohol to a minor, or anyone else).

OP: the only way to determine if it is your diet would be to eat a little more and see if it helps. You are really close to your goal weight, so eating closer to maintenance for the winter wouldn't be the worst thing.

I agree , might try that.