Anyone else split up their workouts during the day

Options
Maybe it's just me, but I've found that if I split my workouts up over the course of the day I feel more inclined to actually want to do them.

Recently I have been doing

20-25 minutes in the AM as soon as I get up.
20-25 minutes in the PM after I get home from work and have dinner.

The results have been there so far, but always looking for more efficient ways to work out.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I do not unless absolutely necessary. Having to shower an extra time is a disincentive for twice daily exercise for me.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Yes, I walk or garden at lunchtime and workout at night. I practice yoga at random times. I get sleepy and unproductive if I sit for too long a stretch.
  • armylife
    armylife Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I run in the morning and lift in the afternoon most days. About an hour on both ends roughly.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,152 Member
    Options
    I walk as part of my commute before and after work.
    I walk at lunch.
    I get up several times throughout the day and climb 5 flights of stairs each time (I do 25-45 flights a day)
    After work my husband and I go for a walk or bicycle ride
    And then I might lift some weights

So yeah, my activity is spread out throughout the day.
  • amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Just got back from workout number 2. Went on a 3 mile walk before work and just finished 20 min of weights and 30 min on the stairmaster. I fit in workout where I can. I doubt I'll be able to fit in a workout tomorrow with class, work and kid. It just depends on the day
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I do strength or cardio at lunch then the other in the evening.
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yep

30 miles on the bike this morning

4 mile run after work

• nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yes - alternate swim and XC ski/weights first thing in the morning, bike or run most evenings before dinner.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Strength in the AM. HIIT/cardio/conditioning in the PM. Body adapts better when its not multitasking!
  • shondaj70
    shondaj70 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    25-30 minute workout in the morning and after work. Plus I take the stairs at work and walk at lunch.
  • parisshaye
    parisshaye Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do it helps a lot
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    alanerceg wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but I've found that if I split my workouts up over the course of the day I feel more inclined to actually want to do them.

Yeah, I split up my workouts throughout the day, too. Though I do understand the thought process of wanting to just "get it all out of the way", I think it would put me off doing everything in one go.