Relationships vs Weight

Options
2»

Replies

• Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Oh sweetheart!!..... YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!! And rule NUMBER ONE: YOU WILL NEVER BE HAPPY WITH SOMEONE ELSE UNTIL YOU ARE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF!!!

And yes, it can be a horrible mental and physical struggle, but just work on you, the rest WILL fall into place, and if you focus on the improtant things in life instead of some stupid guy that's just out to get a piece and move on, hopefully gaining something materialistic from the transaction...

I know none of this is what you wanted to hear, but it's the God's honest truth and there is someone out there waiting for you to decide who you are and what you want to do with your life, then let the rest happen...
    AMEN!!!!!!!!
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    it has since I divorced somewhat, part is not having confidence(Who wants a 39 yr old overweight woman?) some is trust.
  • fallon144
    fallon144 Posts: 40
    Options
    I've never had success in a relationship, and while there were other factors contributing, I know I didn't love myself, so how could I expect anyone else to?

I really believe it is all about confidence. I had no self confidence when I was overweight. I hated the way I looked and didn't think any of the clothes were flattering. I was never the one guys paid attention to and it just added to my depression.

I am happy to say that is no longer the case. I have lost over 50 lbs and my attitude went with it. I love the way I look and feel and people around me can tell.

I have confidence now and it's so great that I can't believe I waited this long to do it. Put a smile on your face, strut your stuff, and everything else will fall into place!
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Sweetheart....I have been there!

When I was younger I had the same problem. Let me tell you that someday you will find someone. But it really is a matter of confidence and overcoming your own demons. I was the friend that sat on the sidelines and all of them would tell me I was beautiful and I would ask why can't a find a guy who wants me. When I entered college I got my first boyfriend he was a star baseball player and I felt like its about time finally. Let me tell you he was the guy you are talking about. I didn't know at the time that he had a girlfriend at home (that was pregnant) but he told me he was single. His neighbor was the one that told me about the girlfriend back home (at the end of the semester):grumble: . Let's just say I wasn't going to be the girl that destroys relationships. I confronted him and we broke up and that did not stop him from calling me. I had to gain confidence in myself before I could have a successful relationship.

I moved south and met my husband and let me tell you he is the best husband in the world we will be married for 13 years in two weeks and we have a beautiful daughter:smooched:love: . Be patient and watch out for those demons because they will destroy you!

5392852.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • westo22
    westo22 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of it has to do with timing as well. I consider myself a gentleman but I have had my douche bag moments and days. There comes a time when some guys just decide it isn't for them anymore and its time to grow up (some guys never get to that point) you just have be there when they do. However, I would probably say that time doesn't really come until they get a full time job and responsibility on their plate, you got some time until that happens.

So, just have as much healthy fun as you absolutely can and things will fall into place when its time for them to fall into place.
  • mtkautz
    mtkautz Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    After going through two relationships that deliberately fueled an eating disorder... the second one ending in a broken engagement (only to find out he broke it off because he knocked someone else up... and married her) I absolutely refuse to lose weight for anyone besides myself, and become healthy for MYSELF. I was single for a year and a half after that broken engagement, blaming everything on my weight ( I lost a considerable amount when I was with him and as soon as we broke up I spiraled into a depression and gained about 15 back) then I became even more preoccupied with the fact that NO ONE was interested in me anymore and gained another 25 pounds in a month and a half. So being at my heaviest ever (without a pregnancy haha) I reconnected with an old flame, and we will have been together for 6 months in a couple weeks. He never said anything negative about my body or my weight.
    Last week (after not seeing me for a week) was the first time he had said anything at all and it was as simple as "Babe, you look great! have you lost weight or something??" uhhh yea, like 25 pounds since we started dating haha.. but I appreciated it.

I've been played, cheated on, used.. blah blah blah... but those were the guys that kept a huge emphasis on physical appearance. That's not what anyone should want. You should want someone that sees through everything on the surface and adores you for who you are on the inside. Now that doesn't mean he shouldn't tell you you are beautiful every day no matter what you are wearing or what the scale says, but that's the truth.

Moral of the story, when you become preoccupied with why you AREN'T in a relationship and that it MUST be because you are overweight or some other quality... you begin to put your self-worth into if you are in a relationship or not which just spells disaster.
    As my grandma told me when I was becoming anxiety ridden over all of this stuff... "Be patient honey, 'Thor' will come in due time!" And man oh man was she right!!!

You're gorgeous, and as soon as one guy gets enough cojones to come up and ask you out it will happen.
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    As a guy I will tell you that confidence is REALLY sexy regardless of size. I am more drawn to smaller women (my gf is 5'2" and 115 lbs...I'm 5'11" and currently 301), but I have dated women that are "larger" simply because they are attractive in that they carry themselves well. The only person you can be is yourself...no matter how hard you try to be someone else. Be happy you are you. You can find thousands of people that would like to be you.
  • porter09
    porter09 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i have lost 130+ lbs and have only ever been asked for my number once and have never had a boyfriend (im 23) sometimes it bothers me when i see friends and relatives in relationships, sometimes im glad as i think i cant be bothered with the hassle but as ppl have said also with me its about confidence, when u are confident in urself ur time will come.
  • broganvc
    broganvc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've always had that "as long as i'm skinnier/prettier than the guy..." attitude in my relationships. When I was with my ex, I felt skinny compared to his 250lb weight, and had no problems with thinking about it. Now, my current boyfriend [and absolute love of my life] is about a third of my size, 5'7 and 140 pounds. On top of that, all of his ex girlfriends are stick skinny... I'm the first girl he's dated with a little "meat" on her bones. While he loves me no matter what, I always have that pressing issue in the back of my mind of "does he wish I was skinnier??"