1200 calorie diet buddies wanted!

Options

Replies

• Naomii4
    Naomii4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Megan, im Naomi. Im also on a 1200 calorie diet! I want to loose just over a stone before Christmas so I would love for us to help and support each other to reach our goals! Feel free to add me, looking forward to hearing from you! We can do this :) x
  • salp02
    salp02 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I need motivation, ane would love to follow others that are doing the 1,200 diet, too! Add me!!
  • JenPass1977
    JenPass1977 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am on 1200 calls to. Today I had 2 apples for breakfast, homemade ham sandwich with white bread (oops) and low far spread for lunch and pork and veg casserole with brown rice for dinner plus lots of peppermint tea. Came in at less than 1000 calls and no hunger. I would normally have more but mega busy day at work. Plenty of white meat, veg and switch rice and pasta to brown is what I do x
  • susb
    susb Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sounds good Jen. I came up a little,short but who actually knows. It is hard to add accurately if you sauté vegetables. I might have easily hit 1,200 but as long as I am close, that is all that matters.

Susan
  • kerndog87
    kerndog87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I have been doing well with 1200 calories a day. You ha e to eat healthy food though, if you are packing in tons of veggies and protein it's not hard to stay at 1200 calories a day
  • Cidalia1173
    Cidalia1173 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Same here. 1200 calories. I'm over 40, and I know that once I hit my goal weight, I won't be able to eat more than 1500 calories without gaining. Hopefully, by adding some weight training I can increase that amount.
  • susb
    Options
    So true, kerndog87 Cidalia1173' it sounds like you are totally aware of what you need to do to once you hit your goal weight.

I was thinking back at some of the things that happened when I first started eating correctly to lose weight by creating a deficit.

People asked if I was on a "diet".
    I don't like the word "diet"; it sounds dreadful, like you are ordered to walk the plank!

I never used the word. I told myself and others, only if they asked, that I was eating properly and setting up a healthy eating plan to lose weight and later maintain my goal weight.

I felt like most people were at the very least "skeptical" and who could blame them! Food is everywhere we look, anytime we want it. I think I read yesterday that 67% or more Americans are either overweight or obese, could be more!

I was able to do it and it was a terrific feeling. It is not hard to do if you are eating great food throughout the day.

It is a mindset. I think the people who have learned to eat correctly know this. I admire them; they don't use food for comfort, they don't live to eat their next meal or snack. They eat to live.

That's what we have to do and we can!

Susan

• LWins999
    LWins999 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 per day. Request sent, anyone else feel free to add me.
  • susb
    Options
    I dropped a pound and went to deduct it to from my goal weight but I had already subtracted it
  • edptanner
    edptanner Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Are y'all having better success if you stick to 1200 calories no mater how much you exercise? In the past I have been exercising just so I could eat more, but I am not seeing much progress with the scale going down. In order to lose 2 pounds a week I should only eat 800-900 calories, which is completely not desirable. In fact MFP won't even close the log for the day at that level. So I have had to settle for 1 pound a week and 1200 calories. I'm looking for ways to make better progress. My maintenance amount is 1400 - 1500 so if I go over 1200 even by a little, I thwart my chances. I'm having a hard time with such a tight margin.
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    1200 calories a day here. :smile: Feel free to add me as a friend!

I'm not perfect on my diet every day, usually at the most I go up to 1400-1500 calories though. Gotta stick to strict diets, I don't give myself a lot of choice in what I eat. Food is fuel, not pleasure!
  • Shereewhitney88
    Shereewhitney88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm doing 1350 calories per day, mostly because 1200 leaves me very hungry and I can't deal lol but feel free to add me!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    edptanner wrote: »
    Are y'all having better success if you stick to 1200 calories no mater how much you exercise? In the past I have been exercising just so I could eat more, but I am not seeing much progress with the scale going down. In order to lose 2 pounds a week I should only eat 800-900 calories, which is completely not desirable. In fact MFP won't even close the log for the day at that level. So I have had to settle for 1 pound a week and 1200 calories. I'm looking for ways to make better progress. My maintenance amount is 1400 - 1500 so if I go over 1200 even by a little, I thwart my chances. I'm having a hard time with such a tight margin.

I only estimate about half of the calories that I probably burn on the non-cardio exercises I've been doing (Beast Body and T25) and I've seen steady progress at about 3 pounds a month of loss for 5 months. I'm 7# from my goal weight and I'm still losing pretty steadily. If I don't know how to figure the calories for an exercise I put in 98 calories. I eat all of that back. I also eat all my cardio but if I run 24 min at 5.2 mph I put in 200 (a third less than my treadmill gives me but very close to my Polar HRM).

• BabyUnicorn3
    BabyUnicorn3 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    jodidems wrote: »
    Also doing the 1200 calorie diet!! So hard but like some of the discussion, I am 5 feet tall so I really need to count calories to lose and not go over 1200. I do exercise, mostly running, decided to keep me motivated I made a jar and for every mile I go on the treadmill, I pay $1. Idk yet how I will treat myself with that money when I reach certain goals, but I'm looking forward to treating myself!! Feel free to add me as a friend, I need all the motivation I can get!

Thats an awesome IDEA! ! I'm going to start that! <3 (except I can't run I walk :smile: )
  • BabyUnicorn3
    Options
    I would really like to be a part of this group, I can't seem to stay within 1200 beyond one day - I need ideas. I am trying not to "eat" the calories I earn, but I find its hard not needing more food on days I workout - please add me

Drink lots of water... SUPER important. also Peppermint tea will help settle the stomach. You just have to get use to the smaller portions and types of foods you have to eat to stay under it. It's all in the head.
  • BabyUnicorn3
    Options
    edptanner wrote: »

Yea, when I do 1200 every day I maybe can loose 1 pound a week. I cut things some days and i'll log all the food but leave a few bits here and there. But I'm pretty fickle with my eating... one week I'll be super good, and a couple days loose it, then be good, then loose it. I still stay either average or loose a bit... it's been two month on a 1200 and I've lose 8 pounds. still averaging about a pound a week. I allow myself cheat meals (which is where I loose it) too. because after I cheated I feel bad and it drives me to work harder.

Also I can't run anymore because I fractured my knee and I think I tore some tendons/ligaments bc it's not healed yet and it's been over 5 months. and I love running :neutral: so I try to walk.. but you have to walk 2 hours to get a good calorie burn lol. I still walk my friends dog daily. not super far but it's better than nothing.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I did 1200 for 6 months and lost 28 pounds. I'm petite, however, and ate back about half of my exercise calories. My maintenance is only 1410, so I still have to make mostly good decisions (80/20...ish).

Feel free to add. :)
  • EmBurney
    EmBurney Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm on 1200 a day too and have 4.5kg left to lose after losing 3kg over the last month :) I'm also vegan, so luckily I get to eat huge amounts for that 1200 and feel really full 90% of the time (the other 10% is when I have too many beers haha). Any of you feel free to add me! :D
  • TwentyLosingTwenty
    Options
    1200 dieter here! Anyone feel free to add as it's day 8 today and it's a little lonely