Food causing Thrush?

Options
Im just wondering if there are any foods that cause thrush? I guess everybody different and different foods would do different things to other people.
I haven't been on antibiodics and although stress is very much moved in with all the aftershocks we having. Im certain i have thrush, i've taken a tablet and although feel abit better still got some of the symptoms and its driving me nuts.
I only thing i have had different is frozen yoghurt but i wouldn't have thought that would have done it.

Any thoughts

Replies

• swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yogurt (anything with live bacterial cultures) actually HELP prevent and (some studies prove) treat thrush. This does not apply to frozen yogurt though, as the freezing kills the helpful bacteria.

Besides that, I don't know of any foods causing thrush, but I'll be watching to see what people say! I just started a round of anti-biotics so I want to do all I can!
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Im just wondering if there are any foods that cause thrush? I guess everybody different and different foods would do different things to other people.
    I haven't been on antibiodics and although stress is very much moved in with all the aftershocks we having. Im certain i have thrush, i've taken a tablet and although feel abit better still got some of the symptoms and its driving me nuts.
    I only thing i have had different is frozen yoghurt but i wouldn't have thought that would have done it.

Any thoughts

Thrush comes from an imbalance of chemistry inside your body not from food sources. When you take too many antibiotics you run the risk of developing an over growth of fungus in your mouth and other bodily areas. If you already had athletes foot then your candida what already growing! You need to go on a sugar free diet (lower your carbs as well) to starve the sucker! It loves sugar and will continue to thrive until you cut off the food sources.
  • LaJauna
    Options
    I just looked up how adults get thrush....ummmmhummm...you might want your sexual partner to also be tested and treated. Use your imagination on how you "might" have contracted it. It is candida (yeast infection).
  • craftydeb
    craftydeb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you have thrush get some acidophilus as it will help to get rid of it...frozen yogurt is okay, but it's best if you go the yogurt way to get plain yogurt and if you need "sweet" add berries without sugar to it. Antibiotics can cause thrush as it is an "overgrowth" of yeast. It's best to cut down on, or out completely until it is cleared, sugars and yeasty foods, as this can exacerbate the situation. You want to keep things in balance as thrush is caused by Candida Albicans which is present in the vaginal fluids and is essential for keeping things "clean" and uninfected.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    I've had thrush when I was in the middle of a long period of celibacy. So don't "blame" your sexual partner, that's just one of the ways....
  • cmriverside
    Options
    To the OP, you said "aftershocks"....where are you? I can't find any significant earthquakes in the last week.
  • LaJauna
    Options
    I've had thrush when I was in the middle of a long period of celibacy. So don't "blame" your sexual partner, that's just one of the ways....

I wasn't "blaming" lol. Just if you have it you can "pass it on". Warning! Warning! That is one thing you don't want to share!
  • Rollyrover
    Rollyrover Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just looked up how adults get thrush....ummmmhummm...you might want your sexual partner to also be tested and treated. Use your imagination on how you "might" have contracted it. It is candida (yeast infection).

I been married for almost 7 years now and i must say if he been straying he's a dead man lol
    Not sure really whats caused it..........
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Sugary foods are the primary culprits for thrush, however, if it's systemic and is throughout your system it can be very difficult to get rid of. I discovered when I was breastfeeding my first child that I had systemic yeast. An herbalist told me to get a bottle of Candidase after weeks of unsuccessful treatments and meds from the doctor. It worked INSTANTLY. A little pricey, but well worth it if you find you're having trouble killing it.
  • Rollyrover
    Rollyrover Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    To the OP, you said "aftershocks"....where are you? I can't find any significant earthquakes in the last week.

Near Christchurch New Zealand. We had a 7.1 last september and a 6.3 that killed 220 people in feb But on Monday just gone we had a 5.5 in Rolleston where i live and it we have had over 5000 aftershocks since sept. Its scary stuff
  • cmriverside
    Options

Near Christchurch New Zealand. We had a 7.1 last september and a 6.3 that killed 220 people in feb But on Monday just gone we had a 5.5 in Rolleston where i live and it we have had over 5000 aftershocks since sept. Its scary stuff

Wow! I live in the Pacific Northwest, on what they call "The Ring of Fire" which also includes a very active tectonic system (hence all the volcanos......) So I understand the fear you are living with. It is frightening. We all duck and cover at the slightest provocation and I've been scared a couple times in the last ten years. I keep praying to the earth-shaking gods to keep it up with those little ones, though. I'd much rather deal with a bunch of 5s than even one 7 or better.

hiding.gif
  • cmriverside
    Options
    The "Ring of Fire" - a ring of active volcanos, located all around the Pacific Rim in the Northern Hemisphere. I'm in the Pacific NW, United States - in case you aren't familiar with the term "Pacific Northwest." :smile: I guess that's kind of a regional reference!

Take care! May all your shakers be little ones.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    So I was thinking about the "Ring of Fire" and thought, hm, I'll bet New Zealand is in that too......sure enough, there you are, smack dab in the ring. I thought it was a North Pacific term, but I guess volcanos are volcanos!

350px-Pacific_Ring_of_Fire.svg.png
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    It could be a reaction to the quakes, but it may also be a mild dairy sensitivity. try switching to almond/rice or soy milk. You can also try acidophiles pills to clear it up, but you may need an anti-biotic.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It does not come from food. Look it up online http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/search/search.