A little help please?

Options
BaileysxCoffee
BaileysxCoffee Posts: 26 Member
edited November 2015 in Getting Started
I swim from 7:30am to 9am on Monday and Wednesday's. I do water aerobics and then I bowl on Thursday and Friday's. Problem is is that I eat at home and at night. Like binge eating. I'm not losing weight. What do I do? Feel free to add me!!

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    First thing you should do is get a handle on your binge eating. Why are you bingeing? Are you not eating enough throughout the day? Are you eating too much throughout the day and have no calories left in the evening? Are you eating enough fat and protein?
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with BED since a very early age. I have major issues with depression and anxiety which agrivates my bingeing. What works for me is avoiding trigger foods, and trigger habits. I found I binge when I sit down and watch tv, so I try not to do that anymore. If I do sit down to relax and watch tv or a movie I just make sure I don't eat ANYTHING so that I don't trigger a binge. I've found other habits like reading, being on here or surfing the Internet about nutrition, fitness etcetera. Eating a ton of low calorie veggies helps me from stuffing my face full of naughty foods as well. There just isn't room, ha. For some, moderation works well, it doesn't for me. I try not to eat trigger foods at all. I don't have anything in the house that isn't healthy. I've found that if I avoid the highly processed junk food, I stop craving it after a while. The palette will adjust. Sugar is just as addictive as heroin and activates the same pleasure centers in the brain. The processed food companies know this and they developed their recipes around it to make food more pleasurable to keep you coming back to it. When I have a bad day and eat something crappy I start craving it again and the cycle starts over.

You could eat lighter or not at all during the day so you have most or all of your calories for at night. The whole don't eat at night is broscience, a myth. The body doesn't work like that. I've lost most of my 140lbs doing intermittent fasting, eating all of my calories in a small window at night right before bed.

One of the biggest things I have learned on my journey is you can't out exercise your diet. Losing weight is almost completely about eating. Exercise is for health. Logging everything you eat so you can actually see the damage you are doing to your progress helps tremendously. It's amazing how quickly everything adds up when you're eating crap foods.

It's a lifestyle change and it's def. not easy. You can do it! We all can! Take it one day at a time and don't focus on the big picture. When you have a bad day just pick yourself back up and start again. Every single little step you take in the right direction is a huge accomplishment!!
  • peter789mfp
    peter789mfp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    "The Invisible" has a good point and I will attach a link to an article which tends to support what he says. The link is to a British website called Patient.co..uk. Here, articles are written by doctors and other health professionals and not by some semi (if at all) qualified person The article is quite long but worth reading to the end. I think it might help.

patient.info/wellbeing/health/why-exercise-won-t-make-you-thin
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Great post "The Invisible"
  • BaileysxCoffee
    BaileysxCoffee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with BED since a very early age. I have major issues with depression and anxiety which agrivates my bingeing. What works for me is avoiding trigger foods, and trigger habits. I found I binge when I sit down and watch tv, so I try not to do that anymore. If I do sit down to relax and watch tv or a movie I just make sure I don't eat ANYTHING so that I don't trigger a binge. I've found other habits like reading, being on here or surfing the Internet about nutrition, fitness etcetera. Eating a ton of low calorie veggies helps me from stuffing my face full of naughty foods as well. There just isn't room, ha. For some, moderation works well, it doesn't for me. I try not to eat trigger foods at all. I don't have anything in the house that isn't healthy. I've found that if I avoid the highly processed junk food, I stop craving it after a while. The palette will adjust. Sugar is just as addictive as heroin and activates the same pleasure centers in the brain. The processed food companies know this and they developed their recipes around it to make food more pleasurable to keep you coming back to it. When I have a bad day and eat something crappy I start craving it again and the cycle starts over.

You could eat lighter or not at all during the day so you have most or all of your calories for at night. The whole don't eat at night is broscience, a myth. The body doesn't work like that. I've lost most of my 140lbs doing intermittent fasting, eating all of my calories in a small window at night right before bed.

One of the biggest things I have learned on my journey is you can't out exercise your diet. Losing weight is almost completely about eating. Exercise is for health. Logging everything you eat so you can actually see the damage you are doing to your progress helps tremendously. It's amazing how quickly everything adds up when you're eating crap foods.

It's a lifestyle change and it's def. not easy. You can do it! We all can! Take it one day at a time and don't focus on the big picture. When you have a bad day just pick yourself back up and start again. Every single little step you take in the right direction is a huge accomplishment!!
    Makes sense!!! Thanks!!!

• sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member
    Options

Very sensible!