poodledoodlepop
poodledoodlepop Posts: 23 Member
edited November 2015 in Recipes
Looking for chicken dishes.

Replies

• Flamegenie2
    Flamegenie2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, when I eat too much cheese, I also put on weight because for me, at least, cheese is binding. I also have a fondness for eating cheese, so I make sure I have very little of it in the house. If you can't control eating a specific food, it's better to keep it out of your house. I am addicted to ice cream and I haven't had any in my house for two months. The thing is that occasionally I cheat by eating carb rich foods and that is what keeps me from losing weight. I weigh 210 pounds and my goal weight is 190 pounds because I'm 69 years old and can't do vigorous exercise anymore, but I swim every day. Perhaps you should eat low fat cheese and limit your portions. Some brands of low fat Swiss cheese taste as good as the higher fat brands. I agree that Mozzarella cheese has little flavor.
  • poodledoodlepop
    poodledoodlepop Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, when I eat too much cheese, I also put on weight because for me, at least, cheese is binding. I also have a fondness for eating cheese, so I make sure I have very little of it in the house. If you can't control eating a specific food, it's better to keep it out of your house. I am addicted to ice cream and I haven't had any in my house for two months. The thing is that occasionally I cheat by eating carb rich foods and that is what keeps me from losing weight. I weigh 210 pounds and my goal weight is 190 pounds because I'm 69 years old and can't do vigorous exercise anymore, but I swim every day. Perhaps you should eat low fat cheese and limit your portions. Some brands of low fat Swiss cheese taste as good as the higher fat brands. I agree that Mozzarella cheese has little flavor.
    It's especially hard when you're having wine with the cheese!!! Good luck on your weight-loss I will try some low-fat Swiss cheese I have never tried that before!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Some 2% sharp cheddars are satisfying enough, but honestly... just have a little bit of cheese.
  • dianaiku
    dianaiku Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I go crazy on cheese, so I don't have any in my house. Especially the Laughing Cow cheese, which is 70 cal for 2 triangles. I haven't eaten it in 2+ months just because I'd rather a 70 cal deficit.
  • Lauran845
    Lauran845 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Chicken Fajitas!! Use tons of veggies and add beans, you won't even miss the wraps. Another dish I like to make is a chicken stir-fry with tons of veggies....both are great ways to make large meals with low calories.
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    n6c05htbvngl.jpg

Chicken Habanero stuffed w/ goat or mozz cheese, onions, celery, chives... I personally love goat cheese.
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Easy to make low carb dinner: Cut chicken breasts into cubes. Roll in almond flour. Fry quickly in butter. Serve with ranch dressing and green beans.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    is this thread about chicken and cheese? im confused
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Rage_Phish wrote: »
    is this thread about chicken and cheese? im confused

I'm with you. I have no idea what's going on in this thread.
  • rhianna818
    rhianna818 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Do you have a crock pot?
    I make several chicken dishes a week w/ mine.
    Salsa chicken - Boneless skinless chicken breast(BSCB), taco seasoning and a jar of salsa. I serve it w/ brown rice.
    Italian Chicken - BSCB, fat free cream of mushroom, packet of italian seasoning, and about 30 mins before its done I shred the chicken and add about 1/2 cup light sour cream. Serve w/ rice or pasta.
    Thats the basic jist of it, chicken w/ random stuff thrown in. Almost always comes out well. I got a lot of my recipes from Pinterest.
    My crockpot makes my life easier so I can have dinner ready when I get home at 7pm.
  • denelifet
    denelifet Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    rhianna818 wrote: »
    Do you have a crock pot?
    Salsa chicken - Boneless skinless chicken breast(BSCB), taco seasoning and a jar of salsa. I serve it w/ brown rice.
    Italian Chicken - BSCB, fat free cream of mushroom, packet of italian seasoning, and about 30 mins before its done I shred the chicken and add about 1/2 cup light sour cream. Serve w/ rice or pasta.
    Thats the basic jist of it, chicken w/ random stuff thrown in. Almost always comes out well. I got a lot of my recipes from Pinterest.
    My crockpot makes my life easier so I can have dinner ready when I get home at 7pm.

I am soooo trying these...!!!!

• rhianna818
    rhianna818 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    denelifet wrote: »
    rhianna818 wrote: »
    Do you have a crock pot?

I am soooo trying these...!!!!

Oh to add I pretty much only cook chicken on low, around 6-8 hours depending on the amount of chicken.