2 questions..

Options
Hi so i have 2 questions to you lovely folks...

1. if i only eat my daily allowance and i don't exercise, i don't lose weight not a 0.1lb does anyone else have this problem?

2. i have read eveything about eating your casl back etc.. and for the most part i do but... tomorrow i am going (weather permitting) on an all day hike, my HRM will be on my all day so surely it will have an inacurate reading?? i mean to say it will tell me i have burn x amount of cals and i will to mfp i have burn x amount of cals but neither HRM or MFP will take into account the cals i have used just being alive that day.. what do i do? should i take something off my HRM total ? this also applsy when i do 2/3 hours in the gym...

Replies

• Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I think your BMR is already accounted for in MFP. I would think you may need to back out those cals from your HRM. So if your BMR is 2400 cals/day and you wear your HRM for 6 hours on your hike, back out 600 cals.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    i would say if your going to be counting your calories for most of the day.
    then u might aswell count them for the whole day.
    and temporarily make your goal days 0..
    and then add in all of the calories burned as exercise..
    and then you'l no exactly how many calories u burned for the day pluss your bmr..

but that is difficult and alot of hassle..
    maybe you shoudl just use your hrm on the actual working and then pause it everytime you stop?
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    1. If you do that for, say, a week, and you do not lose weight, you might be "plateau-ing".
    But you should look at your loss over the course of a week, not a day - at least several days (not sure if this is what you do or not).

2. Yep, the BMR is accounted for in MFP.
    So say your normal BMR is 1800 (depends on many things though) - eating that many calories would maintain your weight as it is. Now you want to lose X pounds a week, MFP will allow you to eat 1600, so that there is a 200 cals deficit which corresponds to these X pounds lost per week.
    Normally, just by eating those 1600 cals instead of 1800 cals, you should lose weight gradually (but in reality, you will almost certainly have to exercise, especially when you hit a plateau).

Exercising for 300 cals (for example) on top of that is a bonus, which means you will lose weight faster (or you can eat more - which might not be a bad idea to build muscles).
  • NWfluffy
    NWfluffy Posts: 48 Member
    Options

1. if i only eat my daily allowance and i don't exercise, i don't lose weight not a 0.1lb does anyone else have this problem?

[\quote]

I find that my body slows down & keeps pace with whatever I eat, so I need to exercise at least 3 x week to have a decent loss.