Starting over... Again!

Options
I am starting to track again after falling off the wagon (again) man it's a vicious cycle! The nice thing is that I came back to MFP at one pound less than what I was a year ago! I don't want to lose one pound a year!! Let's help each other stay motivated!

Replies

• diannej31
    diannej31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    At least you're 1 lb less! I'm starting over again.... Heavier and less motivated. Today I took pics of myself.....yeah. Not healthy at ALL. I see it (weight gain), I feel it but can't find motivation to stick to anything...
  • neighbors54
    neighbors54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It would be wonderful to help each other stay motivated. I'm starting over again as well. It worked so well the first time I quit go figure. This time no matter what I can't quit... My life feels so out of control and I have to get some say over my self so I'm starting with health and weight because suddenly I can't think of anything more important
  • lastmike1976
    lastmike1976 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is the 3rd time I'm starting over. Its deffinitly a vicious cycle. I hope I can follow through this time.
  • 29sexymama
    29sexymama Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've started and stopped so many times!!! I'm the happiest I've ever been all I need to do is get my eating under control!!! I've been back at it about 3 weeks now this last weekend I got off track and it scared me cuz I found it hard to stay focused yesterday.... Together we can all reach our goals!
  • katjord
    katjord Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well it's easier said than done! I woke up and ate a delicious egg and bagel sandwich, packed my lunch and my gym bag and am going to reach my water goals. we can do this!! I have just decided that moderation is key. One pound at a time, or one belt loop, less tight fitting pants whatever works.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Remember, the first 2 weeks can be a challenge....so start slow, drinking more water, adding a veggie or fruit to each meal, and LOG. Exercise, add that on later if you haven't figured out what to do. btw - walking is great.
  • Comforteater15
    Comforteater15 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me I need all the help I can get
  • ems212
    ems212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same way. Life happens and I wind up losing track of where I was at. Then I come back to MFP and start all over again. It really is discouraging, but you have to hold your head high and keep going!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Since you're starting over again, what's your game plan this time around?
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Fellow stopper and starter here too :) on it for the long haul this time though and 16lbs down. I think once you get past the first two weeks and realise that it is actually easy once you're focused enough, you become used to the routine and don't want to ruin any progress :)
  • StephEyeAm
    StephEyeAm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also have been on this start and stop battle for a year and a half now.... I always say to myself "if you would have just stuck with it you would already be down a size in pants" and I am soooo tired of having to say this to myself ALL OF THE TIME! Would love to help motivate each other- that goes for everyone who posted as well... I know I sure could use all of the help and support I can get and I am sure most others feel the same as well.
  • Haleycz496
    Haleycz496 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! It's so easy to get off track, yet so hard to get back into it. But at least we're all trying again, right? My goal is to just make it a lifestyle change. That's really the only thing that will work in the long haul. But motivation is key :)
  • canadasaurus
    canadasaurus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!! I have struggled with staying on the workout/good eating wagon for the past 4 years. This past June after seeing my wedding photos, I decided something needed to change. Health is so much more than just tracking calories. I have lost over 15lbs since July doing by doing 30 minute daily workouts, following a simple meal plan and getting involved in accountability groups. We have another group starting shortly. Message me if you want more information!

Good luck everybody! Making the decision to change is the first step!
  • ReineJade
    ReineJade Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm back on the wagon, too. It's been about 3 weeks and so far I think the most important thing I've learned is that I will always need accountability. I can't take breaks from logging or weighing in. This has to be a lifestyle change. I'm always looking for friends to help motivate each other, so please add me if you like. There's 7 weeks left in the year and still time to make a difference! It would feel great to start off the new year lighter and healthier!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Me, too. Me, too. Starting over again. In need of some support to help me through this, I want it to work for good this time. Last night it hit me like a ton of bricks that I need to take control of not only *what* I eat, but *why* I eat. I want to stop making excuses to myself about why I've been putting off taking my weight and my health seriously.

I wouldn't mind some friends on here so we can help each other and hold each other accountable. If you're interested, send me a friend request :) We can do this!!
  • julial84
    julial84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over too! Frustrating but I'm glad I'm making the commitment again...good luck!!!!! Feel free to add for support I need it as well :)
  • mangoperiod
    mangoperiod Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again as well after a year. I'm only 5 lbs lighter than I was last year, so I can understand your frustration. Staying on track is really tough and takes so much self control. In fact, there is a piece of cheesecake in the kitchen right now that I'm trying really hard not to eat.

There's a lot of us who understand what you're going through, so feel free to add if you'd like support and motivation. I could definitely use some too:)
  • diannej31
    diannej31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! One day at a time. One goal at a time. Even if that goal is to log properly. Every little bit counts! My daily goal is to do something active and log! Baby steps....
  • Dalia444
    Dalia444 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Me too. First week back. Back in may I was At my goal weight and I bought a few new outfits that looked exactly as I had hoped. But life derailed my efforts again and back to the drawing board again. I Feel like I've been dieting for 20+ years - always having some temporary success but end up losing steam along the way. Trying something different this time in the hopes of a more permanent fix. Joined the Eat more 2 weigh less group here on MFP to try to change my view towards food and WeightLoss. Can always use the encouragement and support when those lows hit though.. So please feel free to add me. I will do the same. Thanks
  • tarybruc
    tarybruc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Last April I really got into using MFP and my Fitbit. In May I had complications from a previous surgery to my legs and had a blood clot and ended up in hospital. I've since had another surgery to my right leg and I'm waiting to get my left leg done soon. I gained 20 lbs since early spring and have lost 10 of that since. It's so hard to eat well with all the health problems I have but I have to do it! I can't be very active so what I put into my body is so important.

I feel good about this time! I would love support to keep me accountable.