can't seem to loss weight

Options
I started over a month ago and in the first two weeks I lost 12 pounds but since then I've only lost 2 pounds I feel like I'm stalling. There is mixed information out there stating I should count my calories and macros and others that say keep eating more fat so I'm a bit confused whether to reduce my fat intake and caloric intake or ride through the stall. I am 5 foot 1 and I weigh 173 pounds now and need to lose 50 more .

Replies

• ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    How many calories are you currently eating? How are you calculating your food intake and activity burns? You'll need to provide more information and open your diary for specific advice.

EDIT: just realized you said 12 pound in just 2 weeks. Remember weight loss isn't linear. Give it a few more weeks before you decide if you're plateauing.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You've lost 14 pounds in over a month? That sounds pretty awesome!

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    You've lost 14 lbs in a month so it sure looks like you can lose weight to me. I'd suggest counting calories and logging what you eat on mfp.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    deljabri wrote: »
    I started over a month ago and in the first two weeks I lost 12 pounds but since then I've only lost 2 pounds I feel like I'm stalling. There is mixed information out there stating I should count my calories and macros and others that say keep eating more fat so I'm a bit confused whether to reduce my fat intake and caloric intake or ride through the stall. I am 5 foot 1 and I weigh 173 pounds now and need to lose 50 more .

You've lost 14 pounds in just over a month. Honestly, that sounds like fantastic progress. Weight loss naturally slows down a little after the initial loss, so you may just need to give your body some time to catch up. Otherwise, go through the stickied posts at the top of each section, double-check for logging errors, and reassess in a couple of weeks.
  • deljabri
    deljabri Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone !!
    I will open up my log and start back at loging my food.
    I started Intermittent fasting 5 days ago and have not dropped a lb so i think that also makes me wonder.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone !!
    I started Intermittent fasting 5 days ago and have not dropped a lb so i think that also makes me wonder.
    Makes you wonder what?

Five days isn't long enough to judge one way or the other.

Been in fitness for numerous years and have studied anatomy, physiology, and nutrition
    64078106.png
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone !!

Wonder what?

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone !!

Any time you make changes to your diet or exercise routine you need to give it 2-3 weeks before you determine whether or not it's working. It sounds like you're making lots of changes and expecting instant results on the scale. Our bodies don't work like that.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Besides any initial water weight loss/gain, I find that it takes about 2 weeks for things to "show up" on the scale. Gain or loss. As in, eating 7000 below TDEE this week won't reflect in 2# loss on the scale for about two weeks. Overeating this week (aside from the overnight water weight gain) won't really make me "gain weight" or slip back into maintenance for a couple weeks.