Pumpkin quest bar

Options
2»

Replies

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I think the high calories balances out a little in that these bars feel like a much more substantive faire.

A normal quest bar is a solid brick. I love the flavors, but let's face it, there is no design there, and I say this as a guy who's pretty on the spartan / functional / utilitarian / indifferent side of design.

These things have kind of crenelations and dimensions to it. There's a certain amount of texture stuff going on there in the Pumpkin bars that just isn't normally a Quest Bar experience.

I'm glad I'm seeing this topic after GNC is definitely closed in my area.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I bought I box, I had one for a light lunch.

I NEED TO BUY EVERY DAMNED BOX IN THE STORE NOW.

I... might have sorta kinda liked them.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm mad to know GNC had them the day of. I'm still waiting for my box in the mail. It better be there when I get HOME!
  • jan3t85
    jan3t85 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Omg can't wait to eat those on my high carb day this weekend woot woot! :#
  • jan3t85
    jan3t85 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    jlewisrn74 wrote: »
    I just bought them at GNC. Was going to just taste it before I bought more. Ended up eating the whole thing before leaving the store .

Ha! I do that every time :D
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Tbh.....was not very impressed with them. I did cut a piece and microwave it on a plate for 20 seconds. Tasted way better warm, but the coating melts on the bottom a little. I also mashed some into my sweet potato then microwaved them together and it was pretty good lol! But I wasn't crazy for them, they are good, just not as good as I'd thought they'd be!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    The crumbs remind me of the crumbs on an Entenmann's crumb donut. Now, I was diagnosed with celiac disease a long time ago, so it's been a while. I'm remembering a flavor I haven't tasted in 18 years. I could be off in my memory.
  • jlewisrn74
    jlewisrn74 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I agree about the calories. 220 is a lot. I usually stay with the quest bars that are around 160. But sometimes I use these to replace a candy bar I might otherwise want. So a butterfingers may have 250 calories and this has 220 a butterfingers doesn't have 21g of protein.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    220 is no big deal for calories. I eat my extra calories from exercise. I don't eat protein bars frequently, but every once in awhile.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    jlewisrn74 wrote: »
    I agree about the calories. 220 is a lot. I usually stay with the quest bars that are around 160. But sometimes I use these to replace a candy bar I might otherwise want. So a butterfingers may have 250 calories and this has 220 a butterfingers doesn't have 21g of protein.

i dont think any are still 160 with the new formula :(
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just ordered a box based on everyone's comments (and a mixed box of chocolate quest bars). Can't wait for them to arrive - it'll be like an early Christmas at my house!! :)
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I bought two when I hit up GNC.

I love Quest bars...

But I hate those.

Terrible

Gimme the chocolate chip cookie dough or chunk

Honey bun is good too

Pumpkin is nasty
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I think I passed on them because of the nuts. I'm not a nut fan at all. I still love all of the none-nutty Quest bars though :smile:
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    My GNC (Canadian) just got them and I bought two to try, and now I wish I'd gotten the box. I liked it a lot. My favourite flavours are the cinnamon-y ones like apple pie, banana nut muffin, and cinnamon roll, so I probably shouldn't have been surprised, though.

I might go back and get a box anyway while they still have them even though I have two full ones at home right now.