paleo macros

hi im trying a paleo style diet, this means that i need high fat low carb and medium protein i belive. the problem i have is trying to eat egnough fat. can get the other two right quite easily. i work out four or five days per week, cycle around 60 miles and work in a busy pub. i quite often feel quite hungery and low on energy, especially in afternoons. any advice??

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,994 Member
    I don't think the paleo community really concerns themselves with macros all that much. As far as getting enough fat, just eat regular food. No diet versions (low fat no fat etc...) of any kind.
  • jezkidd
    jezkidd Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks I kind of thought it was along those lines
  • tashigolean115
    tashigolean115 Posts: 17 Member
    Paleo is also not really low carb. It's no refined carbs. But sweet potatoes, squash, tomatoes, green veggies, tubers etc are all encouraged.
  • akwest21
    akwest21 Posts: 15 Member
    If you're really worried about your fat intake I would just cook your vegetables in more fat. Add some extra olive oil to your salads etc. The little added bits are really the best way to boost your fat intake
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    edited November 2015
    There are no specified macros as part of paleo.. at least that i can recall from the book.

Fat shouldnt be an issue especially if you are eating the meats they suggest.