Squash....

2»

Replies

• dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Butternut squash bisque is amazing. I know you said you're not big on soup but it's seriously good. I just roast my squash as is, bake whole on 350 for around 45 minutes, let them cool a bit then cut in half and scoop out the seeds.
    Puree it down with some black pepper, celery salt, garlic, cumin, onion and apple cider then heat and add either milk or cream or if you're real brave plain greek yogurt.

It's good all by itself, add some sage and butter for a savory side dish or puree it and add to pasta sauce.

Lots of people add sweetness to it so I say try that as well using honey, maple syrup or brown sugar but my personal favorite is to go savory.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited November 2015
    I chop mine into squares, toss in a bowl with a little olive oil, black pepper and salt. Roast in the oven on a cookie sheet at about 350 until browned. Serve on the side like you would with potatoes or use them as a base in a casserole. Simple but tasty. I also use all different kinds of squash in chili recipes as a filler. Some grocery stores sell butternut squash already sliced in half- it's such a pain to cut them up from whole since they are hard and a weird shape.
  • Mizree13
    Mizree13 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm roasting some and stuffing into poblano peppers for dinner tonight ;)