Diastasis? Surgery? Help, Moms!

Options
I'm looking at tummy tucks. My baby is 2 now and I can't seem to put my stomach muscles together using some of the techniques. Have any of you had success with a tummy tuck? Did any of you have a hernia?

Replies

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    If you have actually been diagnosed with diactis recti then you need an operation to sew your ab muscles back together, not a tummy tuck.
  • The_Weaze
    The_Weaze Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I would suggest seeing a physiotherapist that specializes in DR.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I've seen several women get their diastasis surgically fixed and get a tummy tuck. They didn't bother with diet or exercise and you could never tell they spent money on a tummy tuck. See a doctor about the muscles, but I would focus on the weight loss prior to putting money towards a tummy tuck.
  • amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yep I got a tummy tuck and a breast lift after I was done having kiddos. I had horrible sagging skin. My DR was over 4in....I carry my kids straight out. The DR recovery was hard, but it was worth it. Spend the money on a good surgeon. I went on a great website when i had mine done in 2008 called makemeheal.com. they were a great resource and you could talk to people from all over and ask them about their surgeon see their work etc. It's a big surgery, but for me it was worth every penny.
  • michellematlick
    michellematlick Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm obviously working on my last 15 pounds and I am toned up. The problem with diastasis is that those muscles are separated. I've had 4 kids and a hernia so I'm not taking this lightly. And yes...a surgeon will sew those muscles together AND remove loose skin.