Keeping on track on the weekends

Options
For me the weekend used to be packed with binge drinking.I took a job that makes me work the weekends so I no longer drink. but I can stay focused on diet and healthy choices during the week ,but my time is jam packed on the weekends And I usually order out. I need ways to stay focused on eating healthy during this any advise would help =)

Replies

• arson714
    arson714 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do to ensure that you don't eat out is to prep food for the week. For example, I measure/cook/pack meals for the entire week on Sunday. This way I don't go through the old routine of "Well, I didn't prep any food might as well eat out". If you do eat out, which I tend to do from time to time I make it a pretty healthy option (Chipotle/Qdoba steak tacos are amazing and I can fit them into my flexible dieting pretty easily). Best of luck!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I always looked at the changes that I try and make as ones that work with MY life, if your weekends are not the greatest times for you to manage your eating then maybe working smarter during the week can sort of offset the weekends. I would still try and manage servings and even if you tend to eat more takeout than a serving (I do) try starting your first plate as a serving (always try and eat off a plate never from a package or whatever the food comes in - no clean plate/package club here!). As times goes you want to learn how to eat not just what to eat.

Best Wishes!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Plan it. Even if you are ordering out or even going out plan it so you can make the best choices possible. There are many places that serve healthier grilled or vegetarian options if you take the time to find them.
  • soccerdog693
    soccerdog693 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am terrible at planning my meals, so I started buying meal replacement shakes and bars. Is it the tastiest thing ever? No. But it's enough that I can have a meal quickly without eating out and without having to think about it in advance.
  • Maldred85
    Maldred85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    Plan it. Even if you are ordering out or even going out plan it so you can make the best choices possible. There are many places that serve healthier grilled or vegetarian options if you take the time to find them.

• Maldred85
    Maldred85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thx for all the good info