Losing weight is hard w/PCOS!

Options
Hey everyone!
My name is Dana and I was diagnosed with PCOS after I had my daughter 2 years ago and since then I've gained about 20 lbs. On top of that I was born without arms and a short right leg so I'm in a wheelchair. It's hard to stay on track but I hope I can find someone who would help keep me motivated and that I can help too!

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard.

Here's a newbie help post I compiled, with links to helpful info.

Definitely read sexypants.

And the blog post about goal setting should give you a place to start. The various charts & calculators won't be quite right for you, but it's a decent guess. If that's still too many calories (you're not losing weight), cut 50-100 at a time, then wait a few weeks to see if you've found the right level.
  • lilysmomma517
    lilysmomma517 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying! Can I add you?
  • julial84
    julial84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi I feel your pain I struggle as well w pcos and the havoc it reaps on my hormones and weight loss attempts...happy to support feel free to add me :)
  • lilysmomma517
    Options
    Yea I have tried hard to lose weight and only lose like a pound in 2 weeks and then give up
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    BTW 2lbs in a week is a lot...that's the rate at which I lost weight. I lost 30lbs. Keep your sugar and carb intake low, protein and fat and veggie and fiber intake high. It's also balancing for our hormones to eat that way.
  • lilysmomma517
    Options
    I said a pound in 2 weeks! But yea I'm trying to stay away from sugar and carbs but it's hard. Thanks for the advice!