"sweat equity"

Options
Newkell
Newkell Posts: 379 Member
No, this is not my success story at least not yet. I just watched a news clip online about a woman from Colorado who initially weighed 589 pounds and lost 300 pounds. She was asked what was the magic bullet and she replied there is no magic bullet, is is hard work and simply "sweat equity". I like that. She did not have any surgery or use any weight loss gimmicks. She lost her weight through nutrition and excercise.

To see her amazing story go here:
http://news.yahoo.com/video/health-15749655/woman-loses-300-pounds-the-old-fashioned-way-25535671

That was the inspiration I needed to get back on track. I hope it helps you too!

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Yes, I saw this and it was just an awesome message.

The motivation from within is what you must find to keep going...always reminding one's self of why you started on this life long journey! I wish you the best. Feel free to friend me.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I posted it also. Inspiring wasn't it. Another person just posted it also. That is what a lot of these people need here. To see there are no quick fixes, it takes hard work and educating yourself on healthy eating.
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! What an inspiring clip!! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • marniebigelow
    Options
    Great story!!! Very inspiring, thanks for sharing :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!