Unhealthy relationship with food and stress

Options
Okay, so today i started off my day pretty healthy. I had oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast, roughing around 265 calories. then i had a 90 cal granola bar for snack and water. then i made myself a wrap with whole wheat tortilla, spring mix , veggie "beef", a little bit of salsa and low fat sour cream. i then had another 90 cal granola bar without thinking. then i had a slice of pie which i think was under 200 since i had a small portion. i felt like crap after and had 1/3 cup or more of dry sherries cereal. i think i have around 500 cal left for matienance, but I'm scared to eat dinner with my family later, as i fear ill go over the range. i want to maintain my body for the holidays, and keep healthy but i gained like 3 pounds in 2 days?!!!!! its hard to avoid eating pie and stuff but its good. if i don't have it i will likely splurge on it if i don't have a piece if its around. i have a quiz and can't study because i keep thinking about eating. help

Replies

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    How many calories, and how much protein and fat, did you have in your "planned" meals (the oatmeal/yogurt, granola bar and wrap)? I have a feeling you're really low in calories, fat and protein. I'd be starving and craving carbs too.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Log, log, log. Get it as close as you can; that way MFP is doing the work for you. Also, if you're obsessing about food (and that's not typical behavior for you), you are probably very hungry. Eat! It's almost impossible to gain 3lbs in 2 days...you'd have to eat 10,000 calories above maintenance. it is very likely water weight or stress. Relax...stress will only help keep the weight on.
  • ShanazAsiya
    ShanazAsiya Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    but
    Okay, so today i started off my day pretty healthy. I had oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast, roughing around 265 calories. then i had a 90 cal granola bar for snack and water. then i made myself a wrap with whole wheat tortilla, spring mix , veggie "beef", a little bit of salsa and low fat sour cream. i then had another 90 cal granola bar without thinking. then i had a slice of pie which i think was under 200 since i had a small portion. i felt like crap after and had 1/3 cup or more of dry sherries cereal. i think i have around 500 cal left for matienance, but I'm scared to eat dinner with my family later, as i fear ill go over the range. i want to maintain my body for the holidays, and keep healthy but i gained like 3 pounds in 2 days?!!!!! its hard to avoid eating pie and stuff but its good. if i don't have it i will likely splurge on it if i don't have a piece if its around. i have a quiz and can't study because i keep thinking about eating. help
    Hi I did not reach my goal yet you can see if you looked at my profile I lost 18 pounds in 1 Month then I gained like 20 back I have the same problem start out healthy and then you start to want any kind of sweet you can find but then mom brings pizza to my house it is hard but maybe we can work as a group . My name is Asiyah ( ahh see yahh) :):)

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You can have a pretty big dinner for 500 calories, what's the problem exactly?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    You keep starting threads that reveal you do not have a healthy relationship with food nor do you have a basic understanding of the most simple intake/output concepts. You've been told about normal fluctuations, healthy intakes, what is and isn't a binge yet you still make thread after thread that are nothing but you saying how you "fear" things that are not going to happen if you are in any way honest about your intake in these threads you keep starting.

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1575987-eating-disorder-resources
  • whitesmokes
    whitesmokes Posts: 12 Member
    Options

There are 2 things that really stick out for me in this post. Scared and Fear. They are the mind killer. Fear itself kept me in a cage for so long I ended up with fearing a life with out it. As insane as it sounds, its a pretty common topic for feeling trapped by decisions. Cant stop thinking about food, cant breathe or relax with fear on your back.... go break a sweat. A small walk, a deep breath, a little more faith in yourself. You got this girl! Stay strong!
  • LadyLots2Lose
    LadyLots2Lose Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I suspect that you may not be eating enough to begin with. The human body has it's own priority system for the energy you get from food. If you're not eating enough, the higher functioning systems are sacrificed a little for the sake of survival. That's why it's much harder to concentrate on exams and quizzes when you're hungry. It is probably also why you're thinking about food more than usual.

You should also make sure that you're getting enough protein, healthy fats, fibre and nutrients in your diet.
    If this is something you struggle with I'd suggest consulting a qualified nutritionist. They'll help you get the balance right. You'd be surprised how much a deficiency in some vitamins or minerals can impact your journey. I'm often anaemic and tend to reach for caffeine and sugary foods to compensate for feeling tired. But, when my iron levels are in a healthier range I can avoid sugar much more easily.
    As for the pie, I agree that allowing yourself a small serving will help you to avoid a binge on those foods when they are available. Just make sure you allow yourself some room to enjoy the special foods in the season.
  • jelenacrnic
    jelenacrnic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well you have unhealthy relationship with food but no one here can't help you really with that. Only nutritionist and psychologist can help you. But i also had unhealthy relationship with food at the beginning of diet. Actually for a long time. So i was always on/off on a diet i couldnt stick with it. I went to a nutritionist i informed myself about nutrition more and i just "clicked" i just started to get things somehow i cleared it in my head and finally changed my life. I stopped saying "im on diet" insted i wad saying "i eat healthy" i focused on my health, not on my weight. I started thinking about food like physiological need and not pleasure. And losingweight just went with it. So its only in your head, YOU have to clear it in your head. Good luck :)
  • Shouliveshappy
    Shouliveshappy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Health & Happiness >>>>>> than weight on the scale. You can do this!