Fun workout I can get into

Options
I am sure this question comes up. I had a tape I was following for low impact aerobics but it has become boring and makes me not thrilled to workout. I finally have a job so I want to find a new way to workout. What do you guys have?

I think Im looking more for DVDs because gym classes are a bit expensive. I think I may buy a season of the Namaste Yoga but I need something more intense too.

Replies

• Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA!!! Big cal burner and super fun! And it takes a long time to learn the steps perfectly (if you care to learn the steps perfectly, I never have) so you won't get bored with it fast.
  • Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Definitely Zumba!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
  • xxCelestexx
    xxCelestexx Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was thinking that one it looked fun
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    I like all the Biggest Loser and Jillian Michaels ones.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I just started Zumba and I love it.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Zumba or anything Jillian Michaels (30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, 6 week six pack, etc....).
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I find Zumba a lot of fiun - classes or Wii (or other console games) or DVD.

Classes are best IMO as you actually have a set timeto get out & fdo it, but if you hsve the dicipline, on your own will do!!!

Have fun!!
  • gmkimby
    gmkimby Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA...so much fun, I forget I'm working out. It's like I'm at a party, dancing, and enjoying the music. And you don't have to go to a gym, you can order it online. ZUMBA Baby!
  • aaaaaamyyyyyyy
    Options
    If it's motivation that's lacking, make a slide show of your inspirations - people you'd kill to look like, clothes you'd kill to fit into, food you can't wait to eat again once you're on maintenance.. then put on some music, nice and loud, and dance/jog on the spot/step/do jumping jacks - you'll be amazed how much more stamina you have when everything you're working towards is literally flashing before your eyes!
  • flyingspatulas
    flyingspatulas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs is really fun! And of course, Zumba!
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    buy a pass to swim somewhere. swimming burns HUGE calories
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    If you have netflix you can try out different workouts on there, get some variety when you get bored. Search for I like the Crunch: Cardio Fat Burning Dance Party, Crunch: Cardio Salsa Blast (or something like that) I can't dance or get any of the steps right, LOL, so the time goes by super fast and I work up a good sweat!
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I've been looking to try Zumba as well. I really like Turbo Jam and there are so many different DVD's that you can change it up so you don't get bored.
  • Romeena
    Romeena Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like Zumba like the others and also really enjoy Just Dance 2 on the Wii. I seem to work harder, though, when I go to a class where there are other people. Also, there is a Just Dance 2 weekly challenge on MFP where you can post your scores and compete with others.