Soooooo sick of chicken!

Options
sweetsarahj
sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
So I am new to MFP but I've been dieting for about three weeks now and trying to make smart choices when it comes to food. It's been paying off, since I started I have lost 6 pounds!

But I am so sick of eating chicken breasts! What other lean meats are people enjoying ? I also go for lean ham, peameal bacon, and occasionally fish, but any suggesstions for lean proteins especially ones that would make and easy lunch would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Sarah

Replies

• sweetsarahj
    Options
    So I am new to MFP but I've been dieting for about three weeks now and trying to make smart choices when it comes to food. It's been paying off, since I started I have lost 6 pounds!

But I am so sick of eating chicken breasts! What other lean meats are people enjoying ? I also go for lean ham, peameal bacon, and occasionally fish, but any suggesstions for lean proteins especially ones that would make and easy lunch would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Sarah
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Check out the Meatloaf Muffins Recipe. It's tasty! It really is all in how you prepare it & portion control. You can eat anything within reason! Good luck to you!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    tuna fish sandwiches for lunch! Might be what I have for lunch today:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    when I first saw this thread ...um, yea before I posted...:bigsmile: :blushing:

I thought it said 'so sick of children'....made me giggle since I saw it was in the recipe section...curiouser and curiouser...:huh: :noway: :ohwell: :laugh: :tongue:
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    I like to add some turkey breast and when I make spag or meatloaf I use ground turkey instead of beef....I tried turkey burgers but I really couldn't get a taste for them...hope this helps!
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    Good idea, I think I will have tuna for lunch today :)
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You can always do a 4oz steak and have a sweet potato and green veggie thats what I am having for dinner tonight. Congrats on the 6lbs'
    Meghan
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    I'm sure my DH feels the same way! I don't eat red meat, pork or fish, so it's pretty much chicken and turkey in our house. I don't really get sick of it, but I use a lot of lean ground turkey and sometimes just go veg. I find that I get sick of grilled chicken breasts really quick, so you have to be creative. Try these ideas:

Chicken stir fry
    Baked chicken parmesan
    tacos with lean ground turkey and small tortillas
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    They also have yummy flavored tuna in pouches ready to go.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Ground Turkey. Yum!

Beans!! You'll be amazed at the amount of protein in them!
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers, lean beef, any kind of seafood! Sometimes I just get sick of meat and eat just veggies for a few days...so beans? Good luck!
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Baked fish is also very good on a bed of whole grain wild rice and green beans.
  • mark_henry
    Options
    We get that way too. We're only a week in to the "lifestyle change" refuse to call it a diet anymore, just want to get healthy. Anyway, we love Cooking Light magazine. Never made a bad meal from one of those recipes, lots of variety and mostly favorite foods redesigned to be lower in calories, fat, carbs, etc. Our favorite this week was the pan-fried falafel (and we're not normally vegetarian).

Check it out.:bigsmile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I eat all meats. chicken (breasts, drumsticks, thighs, wings), ground hamburger, fish (tilapia, sole, salmon, tuna), turkey, pork (mostly in the form of chops, but occasionally ham or bacon), steak even the occasional moose or deer. Thing is, even though some meats are higher in cals, its still important to have variety or you'll a) get bored (like you have) or b) be missing out on nutrients that other meats are high in such as the high iron in red meats and the good fats in fish. Try pairing higher cal meats with lower cal sides. For example have a light side salad and a small serving of sweet potato with your steak, and save the denser veggies and brown rice for your lower cal meats (like chicken and fish). When you're counting calories you can eat any number of different foods, as long as you compensate when you indulge in higher calories. :flowerforyou: good luck! And congrats on the weight you've already lost!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    when I first saw this thread ...um, yea before I posted...:bigsmile: :blushing:

I thought it said 'so sick of children'....made me giggle since I saw it was in the recipe section...curiouser and curiouser...:huh: :noway: :ohwell: :laugh: :tongue:

Erm, so did I :blushing: That'll teach me to read more carefully in future :blushing:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Be thankful you can afford chicken-- not in my budget. I'd kill for it.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    For dinner last night, I cut up purple onion, yellow onion, green bell pepper and a tomato. I sauteed them in small amount of canola oil until tender, sprinkled some garlic salt. Then I added Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage and cooked until done, then added a can of tomatoa sauce and heated through. I served that over some whole grain pasta. MMMM MMMM Good.

Only 140 cals per link of sausage(these are good sized links) and the veggies are not much at all. This is one of my favorite recipes.

There are so many ways to make chicken though.

I'm looking for some good recipes to make with 93/7 lean hamburger meat.

Memaw
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I love Garden Burgers!!! ( when they're in the budget! )
    Especially the Black Bean Chipotle!!!
    There is a ton of vegan things like that in the freezer section.
    You can make wraps with it, slide it in pita bread... They're only aound 90 calories and do well in the microwave. :love:

Oh, and if you haven't been to a site called RecipeZaar.com , I highly recommend it.
    You'll never need another cook book again!!!!!
  • nicki17
    nicki17 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My family loves turkey burgers. I 1/2 lbs ground turkey, 1/2 ketchup, 2 tbsp. dijion mustard, and chopped onions (opinional). Just mix all ingredients together and cook on the grill. The ketchup and mustard makes the burgers extra tasty!
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggesstions! I'm definetly going to get some turkey sausages, used to eat those all the time and I totally forgot they exisited LOL.