when is the best time to workout?

Options
I work 3rd shift and I have struggled with a workout routine. I generally like to workout at 7 in the morning when I get off work because if I workout before work I'm to drained to do my job. I am 4'11 and 102 lbs but I'm getting older and I am losing my tone because of my change in routine. I usually eat something and shower after my workout and hit the sack. Is this a bad idea?

Replies

• erinwilliams21
    erinwilliams21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also have a very physical job. Lifting parts up to my head because I'm short lol.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Its never a bad time to work out.
    I find I have more strength and can push myself more when I am not drained from work......so it goes both ways lol
    Life sometimes dictates what we need to do, and when.
    You may need to change up your workout routine, and tighten up your diet to see progress....time of the day shouldn't matter as much.
    Good luck
  • erinwilliams21
    Options
    Its never a bad time to work out.
    I find I have more strength and can push myself more when I am not drained from work......so it goes both ways lol
    Life sometimes dictates what we need to do, and when.
    You may need to change up your workout routine, and tighten up your diet to see progress....time of the day shouldn't matter as much.
    Good luck

Thank u
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    the best time to workout is when you'll do it. there really isn't a "best" time...results are a bi-product of putting in the work with a good training program for whatever your goals are, not what time of day you workout.
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Whatever time you can get it done is the right time.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posters and am digging @SpleenThief's avatar :)
  • erinwilliams21
    Options
    Thanks everyone. That was my thoughts to. The only problem is my results don't seem the same as when I worked first shift. I only eat any where from 1250-1500 calories on most days. May I'll start to see results soon
  • Al48feelingreat
    Al48feelingreat Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    All day everyday lol
    If your starting out do 5-10 minute high intensity sweat busting exercises twice a day
    When you get stronger ou can stretch it to 10-15

Best of luck
  • Thisnameischosen
    Thisnameischosen Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Yeah I Googled this the other day actually and there's never a bad time. Just whenever you can fit it in
  • erinwilliams21
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Best time is whatever time works for you. Everyone has their own best time. For me it is in the mornings. Most people with jobs do it right after work. They say if want to work out and your really tired, have a cup a coffee. It will help you with energy and your performance.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I work out first thing in the AM----0600. That works best for me. I love when it is done for the day. Keeps me motivated to eat healthy.