Veterans Day - thank you to those who served!

Options
KevinPsalm23v4
KevinPsalm23v4 Posts: 208 Member
Veterans Day is today. Thank you all who served this country. On this Veterans Day could we do something above and beyond and reach out to those in need. There are numerous programs to help Veterans; but please take a minute or two and look at the Wounded Warrior program < http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ >. There are thousands of veterans out there suffering; missing a leg, missing an arm – and some even worse. While those with “known” injuries continue to try and move their life forward, let us remember some are suffering from invisible injuries; Post-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder (PTSD) is nightmare that never ends. These are men and women who gave everything for this country.

16.6% of Non-Active Duty Wounded Warriors are unemployed.
59.8% of Wounded Warrior Veterans feel their life has little or no meaning.
78.1% of Wounded Warriors have a friend who was killed or wounded while on a deployment.

I challenge everyone to forego something small for one day and give something. If you can’t give money, maybe you could reach out to that one Veteran you might know and just say thank you and offer to help in some way.

Kevin M. Hassenpflug
Reported for Duty US Air Force October 1991 to November 2003

Replies

• SgtTuvy
    SgtTuvy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes Sir! And thank you for your service.

Jeremy Tuveson
    USMC 1997-2006
    OIF III-05
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Great post... thank you for your service.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    Both my parents retired from the Air Force, so kudos to any vet today! And while Congress dallies out billions for the military every year, most of it is for research and weapons and a much smaller portion to helping our vets with the above issues.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post. My husband is currently serving active duty in the U.S. Navy.
  • SgtTuvy
    SgtTuvy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your service is just as important @Beca4prez . Spouses and children go through the deployments too. So, Thank You!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    My uncle is almost ready to retire after faithfully serving his country with US Air Force comrades, and moving constantly for as long as I can remember.
    Dad also served in the Army for 24 1/2 years, during which time he met Mom, and helped maintain supplies as a Master Supply Sgt.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options