Starting over... Again!

Options

Replies

• riasntx
    riasntx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    tarybruc wrote: »
    Last April I really got into using MFP and my Fitbit. In May I had complications from a previous surgery to my legs and had a blood clot and ended up in hospital. I've since had another surgery to my right leg and I'm waiting to get my left leg done soon. I gained 20 lbs since early spring and have lost 10 of that since. It's so hard to eat well with all the health problems I have but I have to do it! I can't be very active so what I put into my body is so important.

I feel good about this time! I would love support to keep me accountable.

Sent invite
  • Jkflaf13
    Jkflaf13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too am starting over... again. I had 3 children 10 years ago, lost all my baby weight, was good and happy with my weight. Now I am 37 with a 2 year old and loosing the battle to loose the baby weight. I just keep going up, not down. It's so frustrating!
  • katjord
    katjord Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been doing really good the last few days as far as tracking and exercise. Last night we watched the latest episode of the walking dead and my husband brought out the peanut butter ice cream again, half of me wanted to kill him. The other half stole his spoon....
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Add me. We can support and motivate each other. I'm not starting over but I have been gaining and losing the same 10lbs all year! Summers are busy and I stop working out. I've struggled getting back into the grove again. I am refocused. I have about 20ish lbs left to go and I want them off before my wedding in May!!
  • Coffeencrochet
    Coffeencrochet Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting I had lost a lot of weight last time around and unfortunately after stopping mfp for two years I have gained it all back slowly. Last time I was on here I had a lot of friends and support. I would love to gain new friends.
  • briannadalej
    briannadalej Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know how that goes! I've been tracking for a year and thought I was in a better place...realized I'd only lost about 10 in the course of the last year :( so it's time to buckle down and focus on losing this last 20! Good luck!
  • lhoff17
    lhoff17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 1 lb since after having my youngest in 2014. I feel like I always complain about being heavy and am interested in an accountability group. I always feel like I'm the heaviest in every social setting and that I'm the only one struggling with this yo-yo issue. It's nice to know there are others that are fighting this battle too.
  • littleblue2
    littleblue2 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welp I'm officially an off again/on againer. SMH. 2 years ago I lost 23lbs. I got a new job, worked a ridiculous amount of hours and gained it all back plus some. Earlier this year, I got back on board and lost about 15lbs as of May. Well as of this week...I gained it all back. I'm confused. The hell is going on here? LOL.

This time I'm serious though. I brought my gym bag with me to work, and have been eating better this past week (not awesome, just better). However, I no longer want to log. I literally don't have the time to do it anymore. I wonder if I can be successful without logging. :/
  • katjord
    Options
    We will get there! Let's all plan on starting 2016 already on track! If we fall off for a minute no big deal!
  • StrawbC
    StrawbC Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've not stopped logging for over 300 days but this would be my 5th go at MFP and so far the most sucessful but I've gotten into the habit of binge eating alot and not logging it all just kinda giving up once I sense the binge has started so I guess I fit the criteria. I'm not being honest with myself thats the bottom line and I want to get real again. I'm feeling a little desperate after having weight gains over the last month. I can't bare the thought of returning to my larger self. It scare the crap outa me but not enough to get off this vicious cycle. Confession over now for the work to begin.
  • tmptina
    tmptina Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd day! :# I was gone for 29 months and don't plan on leaving any time soon. I would love to be a part of a support system, I really need it! :'( Add me! add me! :D
  • finalcntdown257
    finalcntdown257 Posts: 17 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Add me, I'm in a similar boat. Hopefully we can help each other. Anyone is welcome to add me. Looking for support as I'm new again. ;)
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Welp I'm officially an off again/on againer. SMH. 2 years ago I lost 23lbs. I got a new job, worked a ridiculous amount of hours and gained it all back plus some. Earlier this year, I got back on board and lost about 15lbs as of May. Well as of this week...I gained it all back. I'm confused. The hell is going on here? LOL.

This time I'm serious though. I brought my gym bag with me to work, and have been eating better this past week (not awesome, just better). However, I no longer want to log. I literally don't have the time to do it anymore. I wonder if I can be successful without logging. :/

I think your post answered the question about whether you can be successful if you stop logging. I stopped logging and gained the weight all back and then some. I think it takes a long time for most people on maintenance, before they can get away from logging. Years maybe. The second I stop logging I get funny with what I eat. I'm not honest with myself.

• katjord
    Options
    Since you're starting over again, what's your game plan this time around?

Moderation really, each time I have tried in the past I have always reached for a quick fix. I would get frustrated if I screwed up one time and let it affect the rest of my week. This time around if I eat a piece of cake so be it. I just won't eat more cake and more cake :)
  • katjord
    Options
    StrawbC wrote: »
    I've not stopped logging for over 300 days but this would be my 5th go at MFP and so far the most sucessful but I've gotten into the habit of binge eating alot and not logging it all just kinda giving up once I sense the binge has started so I guess I fit the criteria. I'm not being honest with myself thats the bottom line and I want to get real again. I'm feeling a little desperate after having weight gains over the last month. I can't bare the thought of returning to my larger self. It scare the crap outa me but not enough to get off this vicious cycle. Confession over now for the work to begin.
    You got this!! I binge too. Try not to keep any trigger foods around and just move more!
  • katjord
    Options
    I am going to start a group tomorrow! Let me know if anyone is interested in joining!
  • KristinaHajjar
    KristinaHajjar Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again too, so you're not alone.
  • malioumba
    malioumba Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again as well after a year. I'm only 5 lbs lighter than I was last year, so I can understand your frustration. Staying on track is really tough and takes so much self control. In fact, there is a piece of cheesecake in the kitchen right now that I'm trying really hard not to eat.

There's a lot of us who understand what you're going through, so feel free to add if you'd like support and motivation. I could definitely use some too:)

In my opinion, living alone is easier. I don''t tend to buy myself sweets and treats, but the family sure does...they bring in loads of things and leave 'em wide in the open. I can't blame them, but I will say it definitely makes things harder.
  • ShallaLovee21
    ShallaLovee21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm also just getting back on the wagon. Last year I hit my goal weight of 150 loved how I looked I was shooting for 140 and got off track, got busy with life and now I'm back to 200lbs. Cheers to starting again! I've been back working out for a couple days now. I am very sore but I push everyday! This is my new page for MFP because I was gone so long they deleted my page LOL. Such a shame right?
  • xxxibgdrgn1981
    xxxibgdrgn1981 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great job for starting !!!!! Don't worry about anything you've done ... Clear your head and move on... You got this !!!!!! :-)