Unhappy with body

Options
I've lost over 10 pounds and my stomach still looks awful to me. I was never overweight to begin with,I was just unhappy with my body and wanted to change it. I've lost 13 pounds and I weigh 122 now and I still look awful. Thoughts?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    You might want to look into body recomposition rather than weight loss. Basically, eat close to maintenance and slowly -- very slowly -- gain muscle while losing fat.

Stupid auto "correct."

Been in fitness for numerous years and have studied anatomy, physiology, and nutrition
    64078106.png
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    ^He means body recomposition. There are many threads that talk about it in the maintaining weight section.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    You might want to look into body decomposition rather than weight loss. Basically, eat close to maintenance and slowly -- very slowly -- gain muscle while losing fat.

Been in fitness for numerous years and have studied anatomy, physiology, and nutrition
    64078106.png

By the way, congrats on all your achievements!
  • britontomasko92
    britontomasko92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I think adding a weight lifting routine would really help to burn fat and gain muscle while eating lean meat/ protein shakes. Don't give up
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree with the above posters - look into body recomp.

But BEFORE you do that, before you do ANYTHING - Look into loving yourself first.
    Your tummy does not determine your worth. Sure, the majority of us want a firmer body - but you most certainy are not awful.

• kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Strength training, lift weights -and not the 2 lb variety. This will change your body
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I've lost over 10 pounds and my stomach still looks awful to me. I was never overweight to begin with,I was just unhappy with my body and wanted to change it. I've lost 13 pounds and I weigh 122 now and I still look awful. Thoughts?

First, I do not believe you look awful. No teenager who was not overweight to begin with looks awful.
    Not possible.
    So, I suspect you have a very unrealistic idea about how your body really looks. What you think looks awful is most probably what the rest of the world considers fabulous. Awful stomachs in normal weight teenagers are extremely rare. A negative body image is very common ;)
    Are you exercising at all? If not, exercise could help you become and look more fit. Choose something you enjoy and start from there. Any exercise is good for you and will improve how you look, especially since you are starting at a young age and at a low body weight, without loose skin. Any sports you like, dancing, swimming, running, cycling, joining a gym? Whatever sounds fun, start there.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Look into a progressive lifting program.
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Weights will be your friend.

The shape of your torso and hip structure is what you got. Firming up things and adding some desired shape with added muscle is within your control.

It may take a little time so be patient.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    kgb6days wrote: »
    Strength training, lift weights -and not the 2 lb variety. This will change your body

Ditto. Lifting weights reshapes and firms the body. Losing pounds will most likely give you the same body, just smaller.
  • normamdls
    normamdls Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I feel the same, I have lost some weight but it doesn't show...