Just got started

Options
I am from Cottonwood, AZ and I just got started on MyFitnesspal. I have been dealing with my weight for over ten years. I have tried many diets but I never seem to stick to it. I am hoping that here I will be able to have the support that I need. I work a lot of hours plus I have a husband and two kids so I am extremely and it seems like life always gets in the way. I also suffer with polycystic ovarian syndrome, fibromyalgia, arthritis, hypothyroidism and tachycardia that runs in my family. My doctor always tells me that I was born with the wrong parents because I ended up with a lot of hereditary problems. Everything right now is relatively controlled except for the occasional flare. I just really want to take off the weigt because it would really help me with a lot of my problems as well.

Stella Crozier

Replies

• Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Welcome aboard, I'm in Arizona too, you can add me if you want!
  • marrtini
    marrtini Posts: 75
    Options
    A lot of the women here have PCOS, and we sometimes talk about it openly. Some have diabetes and some have heart issues, and some have fibromyalgia.
    I would like to say welcome, we are here to support everyone! If you need help, ask, generally we are all here. We all have the same goals, and when you need motivation, thats what we offer. Keep your chin up, and NEVER give up!
    Welcome! Unfortunately I am not from Arizona, but you can add me if you want!
  • love2bthin
    love2bthin Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Stella Welcome to MFP! I have been a member for a while but just recently started to keep track of my exercise and food. I too have been over weight about 15 years and tried so many diets. I am married with 3 kids and I take care of my mom who has Alzheimer. There is no time for me but If I don't put myself first anymore I will not be here for my family. I have the thyroid disease, hypoglycemic, asthma, acid reflux and allergies. I know how you feel. Just take one day at time and tell yourself I AM WORTH IT. That is what I have been doing and it is helping. The friends and support on here is wonderful. Please send me a friend request if you like:flowerforyou:
  • mariakol
    mariakol Posts: 2
    Options
    Good for you for getting started because that is the hardest part! I have been battling with my weight for over 10 years. In January I decided enough is enough. I am in my mid 40s and have spent over 20 years taking care of my kids and now it's time to take care of myself. I started this online site to monitor my eating and am trying to fit in exercise as well. It is ssssllllllloooooowwwww, but better late than never!
  • keengkong
    keengkong Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know what helped me lose weight: Using myfitnesspal.com for everything. I tried myfitnessal.com about a year ago. I lost ten pounds. However, there were many days when I hadn't followed the diet, so I would stop recording stuff. I just started again in March. This time I've lost 20 pounds so far and still am losing weight at a steady pace. The difference is now I record everything, even if I miss my goal. Enter what you ate as soon as you can after eating it. What works for each person varies. However, you'll find a whole lot of people here who have done well using myfitnesspal.com. I wish you luck.
  • keengkong
    keengkong Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know what helped me lose weight: Using myfitnesspal.com for everything. I tried myfitnessal.com about a year ago. I lost ten pounds. However, there were many days when I hadn't followed the diet, so I would stop recording stuff. I just started again in March. This time I've lost 20 pounds so far and still am losing weight at a steady pace. The difference is now I record everything, even if I miss my goal. Enter what you ate as soon as you can after eating it. What works for each person varies. However, you'll find a whole lot of people here who have done well using myfitnesspal.com. I wish you luck.
  • sebell12
    sebell12 Posts: 2
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi there! Glad your here! I just started too. And I also have fibromyalgia and arthritis. So I empathize with you. I'm also 276 lbs. email me if you would like too. by and welcome aboard!
  • sacrozier
    sacrozier Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you for your post. It is helpful to see others that are in the same situation as myself. I was wondering if I could add you as a friend. I think it would be great since we both just got started.
  • McButterfly68
    Options
    I too have Fibromyalgia among other things :) I think reducing my weight will help me feel better, or at least I sure hope so! Good luck to you and add me for support if you'd like. I have family in Arizona, but live in NC. Support and someone who has an understanding of what you are going through is essential. Take care!