If every day were lik today you'll weigh....in 5 weeks. Huh!

Options
Five weeks ago I was 10 stone 7. Every day has been on target or lower and it projected a 7lb weight loss. I have actually lost 1lb.
One pound in five weeks on 800-1000 calories a day. I'm baffled and hacked off!

Replies

• pznatti
    pznatti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are eating too few calories... 800-1000 does not seem like enough to eat each day... and your body will slow down to meet the calories you are eating instead of losing lbs...
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Five weeks ago I was 10 stone 7. Every day has been on target or lower and it projected a 7lb weight loss. I have actually lost 1lb.
    One pound in five weeks on 800-1000 calories a day. I'm baffled and hacked off!

If you were eating 800-1000 calories a day you would get a warning that you were not eating enough.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Log accurately. Weigh your food properly if you aren't seeing results. 800 cals is an unsafe amount, and it is doubtful that you eat that little and didn't see results.
  • BigMama24mfp
    BigMama24mfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters. That is far below starvation mode! If you've been eating that little for very long you will see weight gain when you begin eating an appropriate amount of calories. This will eventually slow. When you are stable, then you can think about reducing calories for weight loss. Keep your deficit small.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I tried to log 900 calories today and MFP put up a warning and wouldn't let me. So I then remembered I'd forgotten to log milk for 4 cups of coffee, two rice crackers, and 1/radula toons on the 1/4 cup of chicken salad. Don't ask me how I forgot because I've been losing consistently for over 4 months. Anyway, my point is that it's easy to under report calories, snd hard to use this ap if you're really low on calories. Weigh your food, log every bite, and congratulations on your weight loss. It could have been a gain. All of this stuff takes practice! Hang in there.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I'm 5'6 and that would put me easily at a healthy BMI. Even if you're a bit shorter, your BMI won't be that high, so you have no need to cut calories to such a low amount.

I lose weight eating around 1600-1700 per day. No need to starve!
  • PatriciaAnneDavies
    PatriciaAnneDavies Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do get a warning that I'm not eating enough then fiddle it with extra calories to make up the deficit. What I find frustrating about this app is that it doesn't allow us to fast.
  • Raven49022
    Raven49022 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's because fasting is not a healthy way to lose weight. Mfp is all about getting healthy, not a "get skinny quick" plan. Dropping weight too quickly is unhealthy and unsustainable (kind of anti-mfp).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I do get a warning that I'm not eating enough then fiddle it with extra calories to make up the deficit. What I find frustrating about this app is that it doesn't allow us to fast.

Just don't close your diary out those days. The warning is there to protect themselves in the case of people who use MFP to fuel eating disorders.

As for only losing a pound, how are you measuring your intake (food scale, measuring cups, eyeballing portions)?
  • Itreadlightly
    Itreadlightly Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I fast every day and use this app. I do an 18/6 interment fast. Basically I eat my alotted calories between 1230-630p.
    Basically the app is a tool for us. Tools are used to make work easier not to be the master of the worker!

• leeeeex3
    leeeeex3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is extremely dangerous. No one should eat anything under 1200 calories and even 1200 is an unsafe amount to be eating. Bodies require calories to function. You need calories just to breathe. If you are eating 800-1000 calories a day and counting calories so religiously by logging it on an app, you may possibly be struggling with an eating disorder. Please be careful and nourish your body adequately.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh everything you eat? If you were only eating 1000 cals you'd be losing weight
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters. That is far below starvation mode! If you've been eating that little for very long you will see weight gain when you begin eating an appropriate amount of calories. This will eventually slow. When you are stable, then you can think about reducing calories for weight loss. Keep your deficit small.

Starvation mode is a complete myth. Otherwise, yes. OP needs to eat more.
  • KwonJiYong69
    KwonJiYong69 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You can't be logging properly. I'm 5ft and I can still loose more than that on 800-1000 calories a day. So either you're like 3ft or you haven't added correctly.

Also under 1000 calories is unhealthy, please be safe and eat more.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So for five weeks you have barely eaten, fasted, falsely manipulated your totals to mask both practices and...you've lost one pound when you wanted/expected to lose seven.

How's that working out for ya?

From here, it reads it isn't. Perhaps at this point you should give serious consideration to reevaluating your approach?