I only have 1 friend on here

Options
npacc705
npacc705 Posts: 13 Member
Hey everyone! My name is nicole, I'm a 23 year old student looking for a few more friends on here! I am trying to lose weight as my BMI is OBESE. A support network would be great, I'm willing to help others and do it together! ☺

Replies

• sarahdayski
    sarahdayski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend x
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole, you can add me if you like, I'm on here every day as this is my second time trying to lose weight (I lost 10lbs last year then gained it all back because I hit a rough patch and gave up) and I'm determined to do it, I find it is easier having friends on here as we're all going through the same thing and can support each other.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? I am always happy to have new friends. I try not to be judgmental but you start starving yourself on a consistent basis, I'll ask what's up.
  • nicolebaugh518
    nicolebaugh518 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, how are you? My name is Nicole as well. I'm like on here everyday. You can add me if you would like.
  • leapfrogs
    leapfrogs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to your friend list, we can support one another. My BMI.... OBESE as well. I stepped on my scale the other day and I thought I heard it cry; no wait, that was me! I am tired of my RUMP looking like I got Junk IN MY Trunk (way too Much, Junk) and got a Great Deal on a "Dimple Darling" after a Hail Storm. I always put everyone before ME, life keeps getting in My way, or I let it get in the way of My success. I am going to be 48 years old the 25th of Nov and my goal is to start NOW!! so lets support one another and DO THIS!
  • nursekirsty
    nursekirsty Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • leapfrogs
    leapfrogs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anyone wanting to add me to their friends support list, feel free, I am good for a laugh or two, too bad that we can't laugh our butt's off literally. I laugh and I laugh and the tears flow, my sides hurt and the only thing I have to show for it are the "jelly rolls" I feel LIKE "CHUNK" from the GOONIES, the "Truffle Shuffle". I suppose that we do burn some calories when we laugh. I saw a shirt the other day ... When I Sweat, it's my FAT CRYING! I Am Ready to make MY FAT START CRYING!!!
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    The person who dreamed up the BMI said explicitly that it could not and should not be used to indicate the level of fatness in an individual.

The BMI was introduced in the early 19th century by a Belgian named Lambert Adolphe Jacques Quetelet. He was a mathematician, not a physician. He produced the formula to give a quick and easy way to measure the degree of obesity of the general population to assist the government in allocating resources. In other words, it is a 200-year-old hack.

More here: npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106268439 Or just google "BMI is a joke". I monitor mine for giggles but am always aware it isn't based on any kind of reality.

bmi-comparison.jpg

• jaylingodwin
    jaylingodwin Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm new to the site as well, so anyone who wants to, feel free to add me! :smile:
  • escotech2883
    escotech2883 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Good luck and you can add me
  • SoleilxStitch
    SoleilxStitch Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Added you, I am also a student :)
  • lbt1004
    lbt1004 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    leapfrogs wrote: »
    Feel free to add me to your friend list, we can support one another. My BMI.... OBESE as well. I stepped on my scale the other day and I thought I heard it cry; no wait, that was me! I am tired of my RUMP looking like I got Junk IN MY Trunk (way too Much, Junk) and got a Great Deal on a "Dimple Darling" after a Hail Storm. I always put everyone before ME, life keeps getting in My way, or I let it get in the way of My success. I am going to be 48 years old the 25th of Nov and my goal is to start NOW!! so lets support one another and DO THIS!

I think we went through the same hail storm, my trunk is also full, and we share the same birthday! Gonna send you a friend request
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I am on here a lot and am usually good for a laugh (as in people usually just point and laugh at me).
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm on everyday have been logging for awhile now. So if you like add me to your friends list and you will hear from me everyday
  • JJLive
    JJLive Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, you'll hear from me regularly.
  • jlc041979
    jlc041979 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I am starting over again today.
  • cmr3399
    cmr3399 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ;-)
  • KevinPsalm23v4
    KevinPsalm23v4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • sunshine4u40
    sunshine4u40 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend x