Bellabeat Leaf?

Options
Has anyone gotten this yet? I need a hrm and like the idea of being able to just clip it on rather than have a wristband watch. It's not an investment I take lightly though, so I was hoping for some real person feedback. :) thanks!

Replies

• mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Anyone? Bueller?
  • stephswint
    stephswint Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got one recently. I like it but beware that if you are a swimmer it is not waterproof. It's also pretty new so it's buildings it app capabilities. It can track your sleep, reproductive information - great for women, and activity. The activity seems a little bit better than a fitbit. It does also have the hrm. I'm still figuring it out and will be more excited when the data it gives you is explained better in the app.
  • bobisme49
    bobisme49 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I got one recently and it's great! I used to have a fitbit but then I lost the charger and as far as I can tell you can not buy a new replacement charger in stores. I purchased a BellaBeat because it looks pretty and can be worn multiple ways. So far I have only worn it as a clip though. It also does not require a charger (only a battery change after ~6months). It has multiple interesting features - one is the mestrual cycle tracker, and also breathiing exercises in which the tracker monitors your breath movement (according to how your stomach moves). The BellaBeat seems slightly less accurate than the fitbit (by maybe 100 steps per day if I take 6000 steps), but as far as I'm concerned, if counting steps is all you want that can be accomplished with a simple pedometer purchased from a drug store and a pen to record the results at the end of the night (same amount of time as syncing your BellaBeat or FitBit).
  • ArwenP
    ArwenP Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing mine about a month now. The app is still kind of basic, but they are putting out updates regularly making it better all the time. The app is the only interface, no website based way to see anything, like you see with a fitbit. It is beautiful and I get compliments on it all the time from people who just think it's jewelry; when I tell them it's a health tracker, they are even more impressed. The buzz alarm is very weak, so I can't depend on it to get me up in the morning; I used to use my fitbit that way and it was better, but then again, I mostly wear the Leaf as a necklace, so maybe if I put it on my wrist it would work better as an alarm. I do like the breathing exercises and have used them to de-stress a few times. The menstrual cycle just tracks days until period and days fertile, but nowhere to put notes or log symptoms, I still have to keep a separate app for that. But the folks at Bellabeat have been very responsive to customer requests, so I'm expecting additional features in the cycle tracking in the future. Overall, I'm very happy with it and I'm glad not to feel handcuffed to my fitbit anymore.
  • hamisintunzwenimana
    hamisintunzwenimana Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've used these products before.

Bellabeat Leaf Pros:

Stylish design, looks like jewelry.
    Can be worn as a clip or necklace.
    Tracks sleep, reproductive info, and activity.
    Offers breathing exercises.
    No need for frequent charging.

Bellabeat Leaf Cons:

Not waterproof.
    App features still developing.
    Step counting might be slightly less accurate.
    Menstrual cycle tracking lacks advanced features.

Fitbit Tracker Pros:

Well-known brand with many options.
    Different models to choose from, including waterproof ones.
    Accurate step counting and activity tracking.
    Great social features for connecting with others.
    Comprehensive health and fitness tracking.

Fitbit Tracker Cons:

Design may not be as stylish as Bellabeat.
    Regular charging required.
    Some models can be pricey.

It ultimately comes down to your preferences. If you value style and basic tracking, the Bellabeat Leaf is a good choice. For a well-established brand with advanced features and social interaction, go for a Fitbit tracker. I hope this helps you decide!

Bellabeat leaf: https://tinyurl.com/Bellabeat-Leaf

Fitbit Tracker: https://tinyurl.com/Fitbit-Tracker

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Uh yeah these posts are from 2015. I suspect they’ve decided which exercise tracker to use by now!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    Options
    Uh yeah these posts are from 2015. I suspect they’ve decided which exercise tracker to use by now!

PP left out one relevant thing, too, though this is admittedly a subjective take: I think the Bellabeat Leaf is a pretty darned ugly piece of jewelry. I adore jewelry, even make jewelry . . . no way I want to wear that.

More importantly, those are not the only two brands in the world anymore - far from it.

But yeah, mostly, it was 2015. Compensated boost of Amazon, maybe? (I don't click on shortened links like that, but I know how to use a URL expander.)
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Ahhh good point, I didn’t think of the tiny url. Years ago I had a Shine, which was a weird and quirky tracker which never quite worked properly, but I did like it. Completely different to the wearables today.