Low calorie lunch ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• jemlaun
    jemlaun Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions! Lots of tasty lunches to try :) thank you!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you keep eating such low calories, aka 'starving' yourself.... You are going to end up binging and gaining lots of weight eventually.

Many people are all happy and think they are being 'successful' because they lose weight.
    But we need to think about if it is healthy & sustainable. And I believe it is not.
    Anyone can lose weight if they wanna eat 1200cal a day, but it won't last forever.

Since I'm vegan myself, I gotta recommend it.
    I used to do these low calorie meals, and ate about 800-1200cal a day....even as a previous vegetarian, I ate like CRAP. I weighed 100-105lbs as well.
    Now that I'm vegan,eating however much I want(often 2k calories or more), I'm still only 110-115lbs, and I believe I'm carrying an extra 5lbs at least just from making the mistake of having too much sodium in my diet lately....so its water weight. And I know it will take my body time to adjust to actually having food in it, since I used to starve it basically >_<

Point is, you can eat way more (of the right things!) And be satisfied, lean, healthy, energetic, and happy :)
    So lets turn those less-than-400cal-meals, into 600cal meals? <3:*<3

We have no idea what OP is eating the rest of the day. 600 calories may be too much for lunch if she has a larger dinner. When I was losing weight, I preferred to eat most of my calories in the evening, so my lunches were often 400 calories or less.

Please don't spread the myth that vegans can eat as much as we want. Calories count for us too. It's totally possible to gain weight (either intentionally or unintentionally) as a vegan.
  • jemlaun
    jemlaun Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You're totally right - I prefer to have a more calorific dinner. I try to aim for 300 cal breakfasts, 400 cal lunches and 600 cal dinners and sometimes have a little treat if I've earned enough exercise calories!
  • Jrshutter
    Jrshutter Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We make s low calorie pasta dish that's on Pinterest called "slutty pasta" pardon the name but it is really good.
    Spiralize Zucchini squash, add canned tomatoes, capers, garlic, anchovies(not overpowering in flavor). I believe it's at it under 300 per serving.
  • Jrshutter
    Jrshutter Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For real low calorie lunch, try pan seared tilapia and steamed broccoli
    I think that's under 200 calories
  • FASTFUELXXX
    FASTFUELXXX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    NICE LUNCH SUGGESTIONS. GAVE ME SUM MORE GR8 IDEAS
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    A huge spinach salad with cherry tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, blackbeans and drizzle olive oil all over it its about 400 ish cal leaves me full for hours

Same here. I get the satisfaction of eating what seems like a ton of food, but it's easily under 400 calories.